Talk

Advanced search

My eyebrows are going grey and I'm not happy about it

(19 Posts)
iwouldgoouttonight Sun 05-Jun-16 10:47:58

Having been blessed with a Noel Gallagher-esque monobrow, I've spent far too many years plucking them to within an inch of their lives. I now realise they're too thin so I've been trying to grow them back, but they're punishing me by growing back grey. Well more like white. But only the new hairs, so my existing eyebrows are very dark brown, almost black, and the new hairs are white. So they just look like a weirdy mess.

Is there anything I can do? Can you dye eyebrows? I've tried putting a tiny bit of mascara on them but because the hairs are quite thin and spaced out it goes on my skin and seems to draw attention to their oddness.

billabye Sun 05-Jun-16 10:50:04

Yes you can tint them. You can buy a kit from Boots or get them done at a salon fairly cheaply. You'll need a patch test to check for allergies.

Dixxie Sun 05-Jun-16 10:54:20

OMG I have this too, very dark eyebrows and a few white ones popping up. Looks so strange and I only have a spattering of white hairs on my head...

Madlizzy Sun 05-Jun-16 10:56:11

I use an eyebrow pomade applied with a brush

RaeSkywalker Sun 05-Jun-16 10:57:10

Yes, you can have them tinted. Make sure you get a patch test done first though!!

dementedpixie Sun 05-Jun-16 11:01:31

I get mine waxed and tinted at a salon as I had the same issue (plucked to death for years and then started growing team back). I have never been brave enough to dye them myself

dementedpixie Sun 05-Jun-16 11:02:05

*them

glassgarden Sun 05-Jun-16 11:11:17

I've dyed mine loads of times with a bit of normal hair dye, very easy

JohnCheese Sun 05-Jun-16 11:58:44

What a pain. I have also discovered a few white eyebrow hairs. Only on the right eyebrow, for added fun. hmm My eyebrows are light- midbrown, but the white hairs shine out like a full moon in a fog.

Yes, dye them. Immediatement. grin

whitesklyer Sun 05-Jun-16 12:56:49

Horror of horrors I found a white hair in my lady garden last week, Grim sad

Aquiver Sun 05-Jun-16 13:00:44

Yep, either tint them or use an eyebrow pencil/powder to gently brush over and match everything up.

I use a eyebrow powder from Bare Minerals which I apply with a stiff, narrow brush to fill in my brows - has great staying power!

iwouldgoouttonight Sun 05-Jun-16 16:33:53

Thanks all, and glad to see that going white of eyebrow is relatively normal, if bloody annoying. Will look for some eyebrow tint in Boots. Those who go to a salon do you end up having to go almost every week as I imagine the roots growing out will be very noticeable on eyebrows?

Is this going to start happening to my eyelashes too??

Cheapthrills Sun 05-Jun-16 16:36:51

I've tried a few eyelash/eyebrow dyes and they haven't worked. It barely makes any difference so it's a waste of money for me. Would be worth trying a salon though.

ZaZathecat Sun 05-Jun-16 16:43:19

When I colour my hair I put some on my brows but only leave it there about 10 minutes. Eyebrows then match my hair.

dementedpixie Sun 05-Jun-16 16:47:15

I go every couple of months to a salon as I always forget to book my appointment and have my white ones back by the time the appointment comes round. The girl that does them says you should go every 4 weeks or so

Deux Sun 05-Jun-16 16:59:49

Benefit do an eyebrow product that's in a type of mascara wand. The name escapes me but I find it very good and it lasts for ages. I just put it on in the morning and it lasts all day.

My eyebrows are thick and very dark so the white hairs stand out.

I've had mine tinted too but can't be bothered with having to go every couple of weeks. As it stands I only have a couple of grey hairs in my brows right now. When I have more I'll probably go back to having them tinted.

Deux Sun 05-Jun-16 17:01:29

Gimme Brow is what it's called and I use the darker one.

BIWI Sun 05-Jun-16 17:07:03

I have my eyelashes and my eyebrows tinted. Exactly the same as you re the over-plucking!

The only thing I find is that the dye 'takes' really quickly, so I have to ask the therapist not to leave it on for too long - the shock of going from faded and white hairs to dark brown/black can be massive grin

glassgarden Sun 05-Jun-16 17:35:39

it's so easy to do it yourself, I just mix up a bit of dye (roughly equal amounts of developer and tint) and apply with an old clean mascara brush.

Wipe it off after 5 mins, then leave it on for another 5 if its not dark enough.

If in doubt go for a lighter colour, I've mixed up tints to get the right shade, and sometimes bleach over it with 20 vol developer if it goes too dark

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now