Talk

Advanced search

foundation - recommendations

(15 Posts)
WipsGlitter Sun 05-Jun-16 08:46:12

I'm using an urban decay foundation. It's good coverage and a fairly good colour match. But when I put powder (no7) over it, it can look cakey. Also if I blow my nose it all comes off.

Both are running out so I'm wondering about trying something new!

Any suggestions? I have white/pink skin so need really pale stuff.

pattimayonnaise Sun 05-Jun-16 09:40:02

My skin sounds similar to yours and Mac do lots of pale colours in their foundations. I use studio fix fluid in NW (for pink tones) and have done for ten years. I've tried loads of others and always go back!

MathsFiend Sun 05-Jun-16 09:59:25

I just switched to Nars and really like it, they do very pale colours.

slug Sun 05-Jun-16 10:35:09

I use the palest Clinique one. However, DD, who could hide against a piece of white paper, swears by Pixi for the palest foundations out there

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 05-Jun-16 19:39:07

I swear by Face Atelier, it's perfect. You can buy sample pots here

Cheshireblue Sun 05-Jun-16 21:29:25

I have recently switched to the new Chanel - les beiges. It's fantastic

belleandsnowwhite Sun 05-Jun-16 21:55:38

I like bare minerals bare skin.

HannahJH Sun 05-Jun-16 22:03:54

Revlon colour stay is an amazing fairly cheap option (buy from Amazon they have good deals). Lasts for ages and good coverage. I'm fairly pale and I don't have the lightest shade so should be ok xx

TWOBANANAS Mon 06-Jun-16 07:06:10

L'oreal Infallible is out of this world! Amazing staying power and feels lightweight when applied. Lovely stuff!

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 06-Jun-16 07:18:01

Does it have to be a liquid foundation??
I have never found a single liquid foundation that matches my super pale skin properly sad I can get quite close, but never a real match. Lily Lolo mineral powder foundation is the best foundation I've ever used. Their lightest shade (porcelain I think!) is a perfect match for me, and I get incredible coverage from a 5p sized bit - lasts me ages!

ChesterFuckingDraws Mon 06-Jun-16 07:21:45

My favourite foundations are
Estée Lauder double wear - ivory nude
Dermablend -opal
Loreal infallible matte - porcelain
Kat Von d - 44
All are really full coverage but don't look cakey. They all last really well and are matte finish.
I'm really pale too and all have a shade to suit.

WipsGlitter Mon 06-Jun-16 13:49:32

Thanks for all these suggestions!! Off for a google...

Fibbertigibbet Mon 06-Jun-16 14:57:47

Hello, fellow pale person here! I recently switched to Korean BB creams and have two by Holika Holika (Aqua Petit Jelly and Bouncing Petit) and love both of them, which are paler than most western foundations (although the Bouncing is darker than the jelly)

Glamorousglitter Mon 06-Jun-16 15:24:37

Nars. Sheer glow. Love
It. You can build up coverage

Loving Kiehls bb cream, have a high SPF and one week in has made a lovely effect on my skin

LumpySpacedPrincess Mon 06-Jun-16 15:47:44

The Face Atelier has a product called Zero that you add to any shade to lighten it, they also do Plus to darken. You can colour match perfectly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now