Talk

Advanced search

Panicking about holiday wardrobe!

(12 Posts)
Estimated201 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:49:51

First hot holiday in a long time.

I'm usually a winter walking holiday in the lakes type of person and now I am hoing to Italy at the end of June I need summer clothes!

I'm packing light, just one carry on suitcase.

I've been trying on lots of summer dresses and they just aren't me and don't suit me.

So far I know I'm going to take -

Maxi skirt
Skinny jeans
Flip flops
Sandals
Sleeveless tops
Bikini
Cardigan

I going to be ok, or do I really need to consider buying something more summery?

Estimated201 Sat 04-Jun-16 17:50:32

Ps -

I'm short, size 12, winter colours, and very much not a summer person

NicknameUsed Sat 04-Jun-16 18:21:03

Seriously, don't bother with the skinny jeans. They are so uncomfortable when it is hot. Get some wide leg trousers or harem pants instead.

What about shorts or a knee length skirt?

Estimated201 Sat 04-Jun-16 19:45:35

I've always fancied a pair of harem pants.

30 years old, 5ft 4, size 12 - will it look rediculous?

How to style? Fitted top and heels or can I get away with flats?
Any recommendations of where to buy?

NicknameUsed Sat 04-Jun-16 19:46:35

Mine are from Debenhams, but a lot of mumsnetters recommend the Next ones.

Estimated201 Mon 06-Jun-16 13:11:08

So i tried on a few pairs of the next ones.

It must be my shape (pear), but they really over accentuated my hips, which I wouldn't usually consider as too large as skinnies look fine.

Maybe I need to start looking for wide leg trousers instead, but being short, thought I couldnt pull them off...

Hoping the skirt I have ordered will be ok as I am running out of ideas and time

prettywhiteguitar Mon 06-Jun-16 13:49:26

I think I would forget the wide leg if you don't like harem, take skirts, or buy one there ! I bet there will be lots of gorgeous clothes.

prettywhiteguitar Mon 06-Jun-16 13:50:14

I am short and can't wear wide leg trousers they make me look much shorter unless I wear heels.

Estimated201 Mon 06-Jun-16 14:04:36

What do you tend to wear on the hotter days?

Long range forecast for where I am going is suggesting averages of 28

Estimated201 Mon 06-Jun-16 14:14:21

i didnt think about buying when i am there. I will be having a few days in milan so perfect for shopping!

prettywhiteguitar Mon 06-Jun-16 14:28:31

I have linen shorts from primark, thin cotton dress from tkmaxx which is bright red, big hat, linen vest, black play suit, this is day time. I am on the look out for a skirt from noa noa on eBay.

Evening I have a long black jersey skirt for dinner which I team with a white t shirt tucked in. A shortish back Jersey dress chunky silver jewellery ,.....it's easier as it's cooler but I still would not consider jeans, maybe chinos rolled up, I bought some but I can't squeeze into them yet !!.

prettywhiteguitar Mon 06-Jun-16 14:28:47

Ooh Milan !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now