Another wedding guest outfit help!

(12 Posts)
leeds84 Sat 04-Jun-16 16:38:10

I have a wedding to go to at the end of July. I'm about to give birth any minute so will be roughly 6 weeks post and need some outfit help please. I want to feel nice, after a pretty grim pregnancy, although realise 6 weeks might be a it too early for that!

I'm planning on breast feeding so was thinking a skirt and top, rather than a dress.

I'm a relatively youthful 35, was size 10 but lord knows what I'll be now (I haven't bought any clothes whilst pregnant). Without sounding like an idiot I like to be quite fashionable, but don't like body-con or figure hugging stuff. For wedding-y outfits I quite like some Whistles stuff, Maje, self-portrait etc (although that's obviously big budget stuff). I'm not too keen on brands like coast for me personally, they tend to swamp me and are a bit too floral.

I'd love some help!

leeds84 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:14:32

Just bumping in case anyone can help, thanks so much.

ScarlettDarling Sat 04-Jun-16 20:17:43

What about something gorgeous like this?

The tulle skirt should hide any baby tummy and it certainly isn't body con!!

leeds84 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:21:20

That's lovely! Thank you. Do you think it would look bulky with the baby tum?

ScarlettDarling Sat 04-Jun-16 22:58:44

I don't think it would be bulky, the top of the skirt isn't at all pouffey (is that even a word?! Hope you know what I mean?!) and seems to lie pretty flat. I think it's such a pretty look.

Knitella Sat 04-Jun-16 23:23:31

I'm currently 6 weeks post baby 2, same age and size (pre baby!) breastfeeding and am wearing a maxi dress loads at the mo. It is jersey and although the shoulder straps are quite wide I am able to slip my arms out and drop one side to feed baby. Something similar could be dressed up for a wedding that wasn't mega dressy. I was a bridesmaid last time I was BFing and the dress had a bit of stretch and side zip and I was able to slide zip down a bit and arm out to feed with a pashmina to cover up a bit. You might just be lucky enough to find a dress you can feed in. The lack of waistband is quite flattering on a post baby tum and handy for a shape that is still changing. When I breastfeed it's the only time I really have boobs so that helps lessen the tummy worries!! I hope you find something :-)

leeds84 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:07:45

Oooh that's a good idea too knitella, I hadn't thought of that route. Will take a look. Thanks!

leeds84 Mon 06-Jun-16 11:57:03

Do you think this could work?

Am thinking I could slip arm out to breasfeed, when covered with muslin obvs, but maybe I'd just look like I was wrestling an eel.

Also is it wedding-y enough?

leeds84 Mon 06-Jun-16 11:59:32

Oops forgot to post

this one here

WottyMcWottFace Mon 06-Jun-16 12:11:06

I'm 12 weeks post and going to a wedding on the 18th, I'd ordered a few dress options but returned them as if underestimated my shape after pregnancy .... Hoping to find something this week or next but loving the suggestions so far!

leeds84 Mon 06-Jun-16 12:17:11

You're right, I bet my imagined shape is going to be totally different from the reality! Not that I'm imagining anything good, but I think it will very different from before.

What sort of stuff have you tried so far?

WottyMcWottFace Mon 06-Jun-16 17:23:12

I ordered this and a similar strappy version but didn't quote look how I had thought so sent them back www.very.co.uk/warehouse-pleated-midi-dress/1600054020.prd?_requestid=137043
I then went to next and tried all the new summer styles ... Fitted didn't fit and floaty was erm not so floaty so gave up!! :-/ I was huge with this baby though and feel like i had water everywhere especially my legs. When I had my son I was the total opposite and hardly had any baby weight. I have however today bought some trendy culottes in a light stretchy material (they almost look like a skirt) and got a nice Camitop, not what I would normally choose but they are sooo comfortable and hide all my mummy bumps smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now