Talk

Advanced search

Best nyx products?

(19 Posts)
HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 09:21:58

A nyx stand has finally opened up in my local boots.

Any recommendations for products so I can effectively fight my way through the teens grin

DontDeadOpenInside Sat 04-Jun-16 09:26:03

I don't particularly have any recommendations (helpful) but I share the nyx love! Can't wait for ours to open. I like the lip butters, Matt lipsticks and those pretty eyeshadow pallettes I did have a cracking mascara too once.. baby doll I think it was! Happy shopping!

DontDeadOpenInside Sat 04-Jun-16 09:28:21

Not lip butter.. butter gloss hmm

Nabootique Sat 04-Jun-16 09:40:41

I love the soft matte lip creams. The colour range is great, they last well and they can be reapplied without getting cakey if you need a touch up, although they last better than a lot of the most expensive ones in my experience.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 10:08:28

I have quite dry lips so have steered clear of matt lipsticks - I might give them a go though if they're not cakey.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 10:30:49

I'm going to try the under eye concealer that comes in a pot.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 10:31:13

The wonder pencil.

ElspethFlashman Sat 04-Jun-16 10:35:15

The Stay Matte but not Flat powder. I really like it. Gives a bit of coverage like the L'Oréal True Match but not as chalky.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 10:58:16

I've just added it to my list - I'm oily skinned so could do with all the mattifying I can get.

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 04-Jun-16 11:15:16

The eye shadow crayons are good for ham fisted idiots like me. I love the golden olive eye liner. And the matte lipsticks.

MsBojangles Sat 04-Jun-16 12:37:20

Definitely the butter glossies, they're easy to wear and smell bloody gorgeous!

LillyVonSchtupp Sat 04-Jun-16 12:45:28

Their micro brow pencil is an exact dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz.

Soft Matte Lip Creams are amazing. I prefer them to the butter glosses as I can't bear any sort of gloss texture.

All their lip products are good in fact.

Their matte liquid liner is fantastic.

Only big no from me is their eyeshadows. Some of the singles are ok but the palettes are rubbish. No pigment, scratchy texture and zero staying power.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 04-Jun-16 13:01:08

Very envy at your Boots having an NYX stand (the Bluewater branch had a "Coming Soon New Range" ad up last week for NYX)

I ordered two of the Lip Lingerie online , from the colour swatch.
In the photo, Teddy looked beigey nude (DDs choice) on the colour swatch, it was darker.
IRL, it was chocolate.

I'd like to tell you how the Bedroom Flirt was but my DD quickly comandeered this.She says it lasts all day.

Once there's a stand , I'll be there, my sharp elbows at the ready (probably go midweek to avoid the teens grin )

MmeGuillotine Sat 04-Jun-16 14:17:48

I love the dewy fixing spray, cream blush in 'Tickled' (it's very similar to NARS Orgasm but creamy!) and the brow pomade in a little pot. I have some Lip Lingerie lipsticks but I've found that matte isn't for me so I'm going to try some of the butter glosses next! smile

We don't have a stand in Bristol yet but I got an email saying there's one opening up in WSM! So unfair! I just order it from their website and smugly pick it up in-store at the moment.

HeyMacWey Sat 04-Jun-16 18:43:18

70 this is in Colchester so only a hop, skip and a jump up the A12 <enabler>

As was to expected the stand had been decimated and lots of testers were missing - but got a couple of the eye shadow sticks, under eye concealer which has good coverage (similar to Laura Mercier) but seems more moisturising and so far has not dried into my fine lines. Also the wonder pencil which I'm using on my lower waterline to make my tiny eyes look less like piss holes in the snow grin

Overall a success - will head back mid week to check out more when they've restocked properly.

MmeGuillotine Sun 05-Jun-16 13:36:32

Colchester, you say? It's about time I went home for a visit...

(Coggeshall girl here.)

Auburn2000 Sun 05-Jun-16 14:23:10

I like their lip liners, long lasting and good quality.

BringMeTea Sun 05-Jun-16 15:24:02

The HD loose powder is very good.

ggirl Sun 05-Jun-16 15:26:28

the under eye stuff is very good at disguising blueish tones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now