Are Fitflops frumpy? What is best alternative?

(53 Posts)
Creampastry Sat 04-Jun-16 08:43:03

Looking for best comfy flip flops - are Fitflops seen as frumpy? Someone said they are so now I'm thinking twice about getting some.

LIZS Sat 04-Jun-16 08:43:55

Hope not I live in mine!

Dfg15 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:47:56

I love them. They are SO comfy. I have two pairs of the toe post type which I've had for about five years and they're still in good condition and I've just bought a pair of the ballerina type canvas ones. They are pricy but they last for years.

IWILLgiveupsugar Sat 04-Jun-16 08:54:40

I have 3 pairs of the sparkly toe post ones. I think they are lovely. Certainly can't see what would make them any more frumpy than any other kind of flip flop.

Mitfordhons Sat 04-Jun-16 09:25:47

I think they're in the frumpy but don't care category. The comfort outweighs the frump factor. My teens cringe if I wear them, but at least that's one pair of shoes they won't steel.

HooseRice Sat 04-Jun-16 09:28:45

They're mum flip flops.

I have 3 pairs gringrin

Havs aren't frumpy

DameXanaduBramble Sat 04-Jun-16 09:34:14

Awfully frumpy. goes nicely with a bit of Per Una

Queenbean Sat 04-Jun-16 09:42:51

They're hideous. Although I'm always surprised about the granny chic that is trotted out on the S&B boards, shoe-wise

IWILLgiveupsugar Sat 04-Jun-16 09:49:46

Havs to me look like the sort of flip flops I used to get from woolies as a kid to wear to the beach. Thin soles are not at all supportive for your feet and cause flip flop waddle, which isn't stylish or beautiful.

crje Sat 04-Jun-16 09:54:56

Strive flip flops are far nicer

icklekid Sat 04-Jun-16 09:57:26

Just had to google as not heard of them. I don't like them but then I wear birkenstock which I don't think are that popular anymore!

SellFridges Sat 04-Jun-16 09:59:24

Hideous. It's the soles. Supportive is never going to be fashionable.

HooseRice Sat 04-Jun-16 10:35:09

I didn't say Havs were stylish or beautiful, merely that they weren't frumpy. Fitflops are hugely frumpy.

I don't mind because they're are the second most comfy shoes I have behind Go Walks (also frumpy, lots of the ladies in the care home I visit have them)

burnishedsilver Sat 04-Jun-16 10:46:02

I wear them for confirm but yes, most of them are frumpy. Have a look on the website. Some of them aren't frumpy. There's a reasonable variety of styles. They don't all have the thick sole.

burnishedsilver Sat 04-Jun-16 10:47:06

Comfort, not confirm.

DerelictMyBalls Sat 04-Jun-16 10:47:26

Yes, they are frumpy.

MissMelf Sat 04-Jun-16 11:45:37

No way! I have surf brand ones, i love them, i feel like a cool mum in them!

Never frumpy!

Creampastry Sat 04-Jun-16 12:54:06

Well, a 50/50 split verdict isn't very helpful!!! grin

LillyVonSchtupp Sat 04-Jun-16 12:54:59

Epitome of frump imo.

Helmetbymidnight Sat 04-Jun-16 12:55:26

They are frumpy but I love them nevertheless

LadyAntonella Sat 04-Jun-16 14:25:43

They are frumpy but I wouldn't care if I found them really comfortable, but I don't actually. The toe post ones anyway I found to not brilliant for walking in. They are quite wide so my feet slipped about a bit. I have some Croc flip flops and I prefer them. Don't know if they are frumpy, but if they are, they don't have the enormous sole that my old Fitflops had, so I think they are less obvious looking. And they are very comfortable.

HooseRice Sat 04-Jun-16 15:12:31

The split is def not 50/50grin

HermioneWeasley Sat 04-Jun-16 17:02:30

Fit flops are very comfy and very frumpy. Love mine, when the weather is good enough. But I don't care about being stylish when it comes to feet.

Do you like them? Are they comfortable? Can you afford them? Do they look okay with the kinds of clothes you wear?

These are the things you should consider, not what some random people on the internet consider is 'frumpy' (whatever the heck that means).

DaisyFranceLynch Sat 04-Jun-16 17:27:43

Frumpy but so comfortable! I love mine for walking long distances in the summer (eg on holiday if I know I'm going to be walking about a lot).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now