Talk

Advanced search

I am a sap, please just sympathise!

(5 Posts)
brownmama Sat 04-Jun-16 00:57:53

Hey y'all, first post here.

I just want some sympathy. Not blaming anyone, just me and my spendthrift ways sad I am pregnant again for the second time, quite a bit of time after DD1. Got a wedding to go to, and decided to order a dress online. Got sucked in to the Seraphine hype and ordered a luxe floral dress, for 159 pounds, plus an additional 20 quid shipping to Canada.

Was super excited, despite shelling out an additional $60 Canadian on customs. That made it $400 Canadian in total.

Dress arrived, and I am so so so fucking disappointed. It looks terrible on me. Gaping neckline, way too long for my petite figure, the print looks washed out and dull, and material, despite being pure silk, looks just cheap and polyestery, IYSWIM? I have to return it, and I feel like such a sap and need a few kicks up the butt and some sympathy too? Teach me not to get caught up in hype and value material things a bit less? The whole debacle is gonna leave me with over a hundred bucks out of pocket sad

And I still don't have a dress for the wedding.

Feel free to kick my ass now!

MagnifiMad Sat 04-Jun-16 01:00:30

Ugh, I feel your pain. I also got caught up in fancy maternity wear for a wedding - some celebrity-endorsed dress. Looked shit when it arrived, not formal at all and I had to return.

Hope you find something. I found maxi-skirts with fitted tank top and cropped bolero type cardigan with long necklace good in pregnancy.

icedcherrytea Sat 04-Jun-16 01:50:37

Ah don't beat yourself up. We've all done it.
Hope you can send back and get a refund ok.

My staple pregnancy dress has been a midi floral stretchy number.

You can't go wrong with a maxi dress comfy shoes and a clutch bag. Have your hair done for an extra treat and make up instead of a new dress and buy some pretty jewellery to make the outfit feel more glam.

I'm sure you will look beautiful no matter what you wear. Enjoy x

brownmama Sat 04-Jun-16 03:15:46

Thank you for the kind words! I am just grateful DH knows nothing about this or I'd be in for the bollocking of a lifetime smile

whattodoforthebest2 Sat 04-Jun-16 09:09:37

I think you may be able to claim back the duty if you return it. I did the same thing recently and its hassle but worth it if you can.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now