Advanced search

Good basic t shirts?

(95 Posts)
SpaceUnicorn Fri 03-Jun-16 20:48:18

Ok, does this exist? I'm after a t shirt that:

Isn't too fitted/clingy
Washes well and doesn't need ironing
Doesn't get twisted out of shape after a few washes
Has a nice 'drape' from my ample-ish bosom but doesn't make me look like I have no waist
Isn't too 'boxy'
Comes down to at least mid-hip
Not too high-necked, but doesn't show the top of my bra

Am I mad? Does such a garment exist? confused

Help, please?!

CruCru Fri 03-Jun-16 20:56:44

Oh gosh, yes I'd like this too.

SpaceUnicorn Fri 03-Jun-16 20:58:47

Oh gosh, yes I'd like this too

I fear it doesn't exist - but I'm hoping it does. I'll buy twenty of them if someone can point me in the right direction grin

cressetmama Sat 04-Jun-16 21:48:20

Have you looked at Uniqlo?

Mandelinka Sat 04-Jun-16 22:00:29

Following this blush

SpaceUnicorn Sat 04-Jun-16 22:12:06

Have you looked at Uniqlo?

I'm a bit wary - I bought a Uniqlo cardigan last year and it went patchy and partially faded after one standard, 40 degree wash.

Do their t-shirts wash well?

Liiinooo Sun 05-Jun-16 00:11:14

I may get flamed for this but Primark. They cost about £2.50 each, come in round neck or a high-vee neck. About 94% cotton, 6% Lycra. Slightly fitted longish line even with my 32FF boobs. They wash up a treat and come in a vast range of ever changing colours but the basics are always available.

dreamerlemur Sun 05-Jun-16 00:29:32

Actually I found one of these in Laura Ashley, yes really!!! Very flattering, thick material and fulfilled all of your criteria.

dreamerlemur Sun 05-Jun-16 00:30:44

It had a rounded neck , not high and not too low .

bojorojo Sun 05-Jun-16 00:52:17

Cos. Mine have lasted several years.

StephenKatz Sun 05-Jun-16 07:14:11

I also like Primark, I was surprised how well they washed.

BikeRunSki Sun 05-Jun-16 07:18:30

Howies

Toffeelatteplease Sun 05-Jun-16 07:21:55

H&M

I have lacy ones that are the best but their plain coloured ones are good too

DubiousCredentials Sun 05-Jun-16 08:08:35

I have loads of these from Asda. Lots of colours. V or scoop neck. I am also still wearing ones from last year that have washed brilliantly and have never seen an iron. I am 5'9" and they are mid hip. Size 14 curvy 12.

KanyesVest Sun 05-Jun-16 08:17:57

I got some lovely linen t-shirts on la redoute.

bastedyoungturkey Sun 05-Jun-16 08:25:49

I bought a nice £7.99 one from H&M with the pretend pocket. This is made better than last year's pretend pocket which never lay flat and made my boob look funny.

Good material and fit but not washed it yet so can't vouch for that.

missmartha01 Sun 05-Jun-16 08:43:03

I've got a few from M&S that were £8 each. Mine are in white, grey, black and navy and seem to be washing and wearing well plus they look good and Ive got big boobs and can feel self conscious in some t shirts that give shape as these do.
I like them.

HisNameWasPrinceAndHeWasFunky Sun 05-Jun-16 08:52:32

My Favs are also from Primark. I don't shop there often but I do get tshirt vests etc from there.

Also --if you want to pay double the pric--e h&m

ComaToes Sun 05-Jun-16 08:56:02

Uniqlo t-shirts wash well and feel lovely and soft - I live in them.

hollieberrie Sun 05-Jun-16 09:08:56

I love the Boden lightweight tees - so flattering and great colours - although just had a quick look and theyve sold out of a lot. They do crew neck, v neck, boat neck etc. I have about 15 blush. They are light and thin though, i love that, but might not be for everyone.

www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-tops-t-shirts/short-sleeved-tops/wl900/womens-lightweight-v-neck

Floisme Sun 05-Jun-16 12:20:43

I like the H&M Logg range < long hard stare at my local branch which doesn't stock it. >

I also bought two from Toast a year ago that are wearing and washing brilliantly - although so they should at that price.

P1nkP0ppy Sun 05-Jun-16 12:26:03

Sainsbury's are brilliant as are M&S cheap ones (£8?)

FrustratedFrugal Sun 05-Jun-16 12:46:33

The best that I have are from Decathlon.

I like the Whistles seam-back ones here. Not cheap but can often be picked up in the sales, and they hold their shape well.

I also quite like the M&S cotton 'slouch' ones like this but they are v limited in terms of colours and the prints aren't always v nice.

OverAndAbove Sun 05-Jun-16 13:20:09

I have the M and S ones with the slightly longer sleeve (just above the elbow) and scoop neck; they're really flattering and have washed well so far. They're in the £8 range or sometimes 2 for £12

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now