Talk

Advanced search

Lipstick.....for non lipstick wearer

(20 Posts)
OutwardBound2016 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:16:54

I have never been a fan of lipstick, (apart from Rimmel heather shimmer when I was 15). I would like something with the texture of a gloss (but not sticky), quick to apply but with a good colour (bright-ish I think). Does anyone have any ideas or does this not exist!

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 03-Jun-16 20:19:14

The chubby sticks might be something for you.

All make up brands do them.

MsBojangles Fri 03-Jun-16 20:27:50

The Rosie for Autograph Lip Glossies are really easy to wear. Supermodel Smile has a naff name but it's a good your lips but better colour.

OutwardBound2016 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:40:01

Thank you! Are the chubby sticks a bit drying? I have heard good things about the Frog Prince lipstick, any experiences?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 03-Jun-16 20:40:56

Not all, they are all different.

Passmethecrisps Fri 03-Jun-16 20:41:56

I use Clinique chubby sticks and have never found them drying - quite the opposite. Might be worth going to a counter and asking if they have a little tester

OutwardBound2016 Fri 03-Jun-16 20:47:28

Thank you, I will try to get a Clinique sample

EatsShitAndLeaves Fri 03-Jun-16 20:51:11

I've got the lipstick queen frog prince lipstick- it's pretty. You might also like Medieval lipstick from the same range. It's looks very bright - but goes on as a sheer slightly glossy wearable shade.

I also love the Clarins lip oils. Lovely texture.

Bails2014 Fri 03-Jun-16 21:00:20

Chanel.

I bought some Chanel makeup as a present for someone and got loads of samples, including a pallet of six shades of their lipstick. I NEVER wear lipstick but even I have managed to pull off two or three of the shades. I tend to put them on with a brush and pop Vaseline over the top and they last almost all day. Adrienne, Coco and Arthur are really easy shades to wear.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 03-Jun-16 21:03:47

Medieval is lovely.

OutwardBound2016 Fri 03-Jun-16 21:13:06

Is Medieval dark? I *think I want something pink-ish....

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 03-Jun-16 21:15:16

No, but it's red.

Pink -
www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Infallible-Sexy-Balm_1838497/

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 03-Jun-16 21:16:03

Horrid name though.
Sexy balm, just to think someone got paid to think of this one....

Trills Fri 03-Jun-16 21:18:38

It will feel weird.

If you are used to having nothing on your lips then anything will feel weird.

Just a warning.

Chubby sticks are not drying - they are practically a lipbalm, but I don't find they have a lot of colour in them. If you're looking for a lightly-tinted lipbalm then they are good.

MsDe Fri 03-Jun-16 21:20:42

Aldi Lacuna chubby stick lasts AGES, moisturises, both shades suit me (a red and a pink). Seriously impressed.

Otherwise, I only wear MAC or Urban Decay lipsticks as they stay on. These MAC lipsticks have a lovely moist texture, not at all drying, and they last and last: www.maccosmetics.co.uk/collections-vibe-tribe-colour

EatsShitAndLeaves Fri 03-Jun-16 21:24:40

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sUR0xvgsZb0

Lisa Eldridge uses Medieval lipstick in this tutorial so you can see the colour/finish.

OutwardBound2016 Fri 03-Jun-16 22:19:26

Thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions.....might have to have a dedicated Child free shopping trip!

idontlikealdi Fri 03-Jun-16 22:20:50

Lipstick and me is a disaster - benetint all the way!

MotherBluestocking Fri 03-Jun-16 23:18:23

Laura Mercier Stick Glosses are sheer and balmy, and come in a great range of colours, from barely perceptible to definitely noticeable. They could be a good place to start.

dragonsarebest Fri 03-Jun-16 23:33:23

Medieval went bright pink on me, not flattering and a bit drying to boot. I fare better with LQ saints. You could also look at the Revlon lip butters but check swatches online, some are much more pigmented than others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now