supportive but stylish sandals!

(11 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Fri 03-Jun-16 08:29:59

Can anyone help? I walk a LOT so need comfortable footwear. I'm wanting new sandals but lately my feet have been hurting (buggerish beginnings of arthritis shock)
I don't want to look like some old biddy clearly, but I don't want to cripple myself either.

lamingtonnutty Fri 03-Jun-16 08:36:39

Would Birkenstocks be any good?

MakingJudySmile Fri 03-Jun-16 08:40:00

Bireknstock are great and there's lots of styles to choose from. They are pricey but worth it; I'm hoping to be able to afford some soon.

Though should say when I first worn some they hurt like hell for the first few days - it was as if they were performing reflexology on me!!

dottyaboutstripes Fri 03-Jun-16 08:54:01

Birkenstocks hurt I'm afraid. I def need something with a strap I think.
I love flip flops and would just wear them but I think they are wrecking my feet.

Acornantics Fri 03-Jun-16 08:57:54

I love Merrell sandals, I have some I bought in the US but are probably available here, they're supportive, have a strap but look great with summer dresses, jeans, shorts, whatever. I walk miles in them, on pavement, beach, fields, and they're so comfortable.

hewl Fri 03-Jun-16 08:58:07

Fit flops

FuzzyWizard Fri 03-Jun-16 09:00:29

What about these. www.hotter.com/gb/en/womens/womens-new-this-season/tourist-sandals
I'm a recent convert to hotter' shoes. I know they are heavily associated with little old ladies but if you hunt through their lines they actually have some beautiful shoes. i bought a pair of heeled ankle boots from there last winter and people were constantly asking where I got them. They are super super comfy and supportive too. I'm not even 30 yet but life is too short to wear uncomfortable shoes.

plimsolls Fri 03-Jun-16 09:02:17

I've been researching this as the more pregnant I get, the more my feet ache and need support. I'm also told
My badly fitting shoes are responsible for a lot of my back and hip pain. My favourites so far...
Teva have some really nice styles and some absolutely horrible ones

I'm eyeing up a few at the moment...
www.teva.co.uk/1007552.html?dwvar_1007552_color=BLK#start=7&cgid=women-sandals

www.teva.co.uk/1009833.html?dwvar_1009833_color=BLK#start=7&cgid=women-sandals

www.teva.co.uk/1003987.html?dwvar_1003987_color=BLK#start=3&cgid=women-sandals-casual

(These are just my preference, there's loads and loads of styles and colours)

Another thread recommended Gabor sandals. I've bought these:
m.zalando.co.uk/gabor-sandals-schwarz-ga111f00e-q11.html?gclid=CMS6--Oxi80CFesV0wodh2ME_Q&size=10.5&wmc=SEM44_CR_EN_2103106.&opc=2211&ef_id=Vrhe0gAABP0wwreV:20160603080008:s

I don't love them but I think they'll be fine for work in the summer with my big swollen pregnant feet.

parmalilac Fri 03-Jun-16 09:35:19

Clarks

BeJayKayven Fri 03-Jun-16 09:37:06

Rieker Antistress!

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Fri 03-Jun-16 09:39:56

Josef Seibel sandals are very comfortable. Some are a bit old lady-ish but I have nice ones bought a couple of years ago and still going strong.

I've walked miles in them - same in a pair of ankle boots from the same make that I've had to have re-soled I used them so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now