Talk

Advanced search

I've just discovered Uniqlo!

(14 Posts)
jobrum Thu 02-Jun-16 21:08:20

It's wonderful, I'm looking through the website now. Can anyone point me in the direction of absolutely must have things there? I'm liking the look of the merino stuff and the smart trousers.

One opened near Birmingham many years ago but I don't think anyone 'got it' or they just closed a lot of stores, I'm not sure. But looking at it now, I'm going to have to try not to buy too much!

Blarblarblar Thu 02-Jun-16 21:09:56

Fab stuff, wears well and their sales are really good.

DustOffYourHighestHopes Thu 02-Jun-16 21:17:51

The heat-tech thermals in winter are a game-changer.

The men's t shirts are thick and don't shrink.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 02-Jun-16 21:19:33

I love Uniqlo, it's great. I don't live anywhere near a store though so have to do it all online.

I love their merino sweaters, linen shirts and heat tech tops. Their heat tech tops are amazing, I live in them in the winter under shirts and t shirts to keep me warm.

ALittleLemonTwist Thu 02-Jun-16 21:43:25

I love Uniqlo! Recently bought this jumpsuit which is great. Bought it in black, very comfy and flattering

chanie44 Thu 02-Jun-16 22:00:28

The majority of my wardrobe is from uniqlo and the majority of it has lasted well.

Jeans - they do free alterations if you can get to a store.

Jersey top - a staple item in my wardrobe. They have various styles and colours.

Heattech - really thin but great for the winter.

Jeggings - lovely thick material.

SwedishEdith Thu 02-Jun-16 22:04:31

"I love Uniqlo, it's great. I don't live anywhere near a store though so have to do it all online."

Same - some misses but pretty reliably good.

pitterpatterrain Thu 02-Jun-16 22:09:02

I love their jeggings and heat tech and shirts

Kids clothes can be good too - warm fluffy thermal trousers and the thin puffy jackets

OneOfTheGrundys Thu 02-Jun-16 22:30:21

Heat tech.
Brushed cotton shirts.
Merino.

I love the leggings-cottony and light and slightly see through but that's fine as I don't bare my ass when wearing leggings. They last ages and keep their shape too.

Only misses I've had have been the slightly coarser woollens. They've been in lovely colours but have bobbled and lost shape so fast.

ManonLescaut Thu 02-Jun-16 22:33:59

Ines de la Fressange must have everything.

And their winter cashmere.

Kennington Thu 02-Jun-16 22:37:30

Supina cotton t shirts
Merino wool jumpers
Track suits
Work jackets
Wool dresses in winter
I love the one on regents St
They closed all the ones outside London. No idea why!

BobbinThreadbare123 Thu 02-Jun-16 22:41:35

What are the sizes like?

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 22:52:40

Sizes are variable, but there's an actual garment measurements chart for everything and the reviews are v helpful too. I remember a Uniqlo in Brighton around 2000, apparently the company tried to grow too fast and almost went bust as result. Glad it's still around, even if only online and in London.

shins Fri 03-Jun-16 11:43:45

They are fabulous. Great quality. I buy most of my clothes online from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now