Talk

Advanced search

Post Pregnancy total wardrobe overhaul - ideas please!!

(9 Posts)
thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 02-Jun-16 20:34:16

I've chucked out all my stuff that doesn't fit and will shortly be chucking out the stuff I've ruined in the first few weeks of breastfeeding and using lansinoh!!

I have a habit of making very bad clothes purchases post pregnancy, I blame it on the hormones grin so would you all help me make some key purchases please?

I need to get some basic nursing vest tops but apart from that I need:

skirts
dresses (don't have to be BF friendly as I will be wearing them post feeding)
trousers and jeans
tops/shirts

I'd like things that can be mixed and matched capsule style but really have no idea where to start. Colours wise I'm not sure what suits me, far too often I go for black and plain and I'm so fed up of it. I have dark brown hair, deathly pale skin and green eyes If that helps anyone! I'm 5ft 6 and size 8, fairly boy shaped, straight up and down although larger of bum post pregnancy than I should be going by the rest of me. Small boobs even when feeding and pretty much flat when finished so low necklines are out for me.

I've just bought a pair of cigarette jeans which I really like as skinny don't suit me and I can't fit back into my flares yet smile

Style away please!!

thestylethatdecadesforgot Fri 03-Jun-16 07:45:45

No ideas?

nam207 Fri 03-Jun-16 07:54:01

Can't really help with the fashion stuff but skin tone is important with which colours suit you. There are a few companies that you can have your colours done with and plenty of books/advice online. I had mine done with house of colour and it was really helpful.

Strawclutching Fri 03-Jun-16 07:56:56

I'm doing this at the moment. Just given most of my clothes to a charity shop and am just buying one piece at a time as and when I can afford it.

I've just made a file of photos of the style I'm aiming for on my phone.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 03-Jun-16 08:56:10

John lewis personal shopper. They'll give you an idea of what colours will work best and are really good at picking out stuff that might not have chosen yourself.

You don't have to spend a fortune either.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 03-Jun-16 08:56:40

And you could also start by looking at Pinterest for ideas.

Pisssssedofff Fri 03-Jun-16 09:24:00

What size are you now and what size normally ?
I bought lots of jersey wrap dresses post baby and am still wearing them now, he's 6 next week but baujken and Isabella Oliver is such good quality I think for the money, there's 25% off at the moment is but the lot from there to get you started

thestylethatdecadesforgot Fri 03-Jun-16 15:23:45

I'm back in my pre maternity size 8 now but I've got rid of what I didn't like and what's been stretched out during pregnancy so there's just nothing left!

I forgot the JL personal shopper thing, great idea, thanks!!

I have a Pinterest board for clothes and it was very useful to spot what I liked but it's so eclectic I still struggle to put things together.

I have a pixie hair cut and tend to find that I look too masculine in lots of the things I'd naturally go for so would love to aim for a more feminine colour palette and style than my usual stuff.

Colour wise I think I'm a winter, I forget which subtype, I self diagnosed using loads of Pinterest tests.

Pisssssedofff Fri 03-Jun-16 16:36:17

Purple works brilliantly, not too girlie and pink but femine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now