Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please tell me whether or not to keep this dress

(20 Posts)
dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 18:51:30

I took a punt on this dress online uk.pinterest.com/pin/AQq8pOcLrSD__2PJJoDHzdcS52MPkCpjGHKCQ3NgfVxuYNLGwBMLmjQ/ thinking it might be nice for summer. It's quite out of my comfort zone. The good news is that it looks really nice on, with a tan belt quite loosely done it's unexpectedly flattering (I'm 10-12 pear with a wobbly tum and bum and feeling a bit rubbish about my appearance at the moment). However the fabric is a woven 70% viscose 30% wool mix, it's quite fine and light but I'm wondering how practical viscose/wool will really be for summertime, and it's quite creasey. But I look and feel great in it....if I'll ever actually wear it. Does the one shoulder thing look dated now? It was £83. I can't decide what to do so I'm turning it over to the S&B voice of reason.

Keep or return?

Liiinooo Thu 02-Jun-16 18:59:54

Where would you wear it? It looks quite formal and more like an office Xmas do dress than a summer dress particularly considering the fabric.

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 19:09:01

This is a v good q. I was thinking of you know, just out and about, in the sunshine, with a tan, sunnies and flipflops (I'm quite low maintenance but trying to make an effort). The fabric is lighter than it looks in the pic tbh, it's not stiff or particularly structured, and it looks way less severe on me - probably because I have some curves!

leeds84 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:13:23

I think it's lovely, could look nice in summer with flat sandals to make it more low key.

wtffgs Thu 02-Jun-16 19:13:39

It's awful - sorry brew

leeds84 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:15:26

I think it's lovely, could look nice in summer with flat sandals to make it more low key.

leeds84 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:15:51

leeds84 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:16:21

Oh crikey sorry for multiple postings!

Drinksforeveryone Thu 02-Jun-16 19:18:12

I don't like it.

Sorry OP

Florinda2016 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:23:09

No. Sorry.

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 19:27:00

Lol thank you for the opinions - I think awful is a bit strong but I really do appreciate the input grin. Looks like it's a return then! Thank you everyone flowers

Liiinooo Thu 02-Jun-16 19:27:54

I have just seen the price! Obviously I don't know what sort of budget you are on, but for me I would be happy to pay that for a dress I loved that would be perfect for a particular event or type of occasion. But if I had the sort of doubts you have, a dress of that price would be heading straight back.

CaroleService Thu 02-Jun-16 19:35:08

I want one! waaaah!

ManonLescaut Thu 02-Jun-16 22:36:59

I think returning is right OP it's a bit sacky.

At size 10-12 you must be able to wear something a bit more shapely (and pretty?).

Judydreamsofhorses Thu 02-Jun-16 22:50:25

I think it would be nice for a fancy party, but don't see it as a knocking about kind of dress.

burnishedsilver Thu 02-Jun-16 22:52:37

I love it but not as an everyday dress.

noeuf Thu 02-Jun-16 22:54:31

It's horrible.the one shoulder ruins it.

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 23:00:31

It's definitely more relaxed on me than in that pic (I am not brave enough to post a pic!) and it is a light weave, honest. I dont think it would work as an eveningy dress tbh, it's not lined or structured.

I think it surprised me because it looked so much better on me than I'd hoped and I am a bit wobbly at the moment. However - taste aside, I don't think the fabric is great and so it's going back. If anyone liked it, it'll be back on yoox in about a week I reckon!

bomfunk Thu 02-Jun-16 23:25:15

I LOVE it!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 02-Jun-16 23:35:16

It's awful sorry. Shapless and unflattering.
Kill it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now