Talk

Advanced search

Is there a knack to these shoe liner things?!

(13 Posts)
ParadiseCity Thu 02-Jun-16 14:40:47

Please help! I have some shoes which I wanted to wear without socks but I don't want them to become smelly so I thought getting some shoe liners would be a good idea.

They are really annoying though as they keep slipping off my heels so I just have scrunched up bits of tights under my feet. Is this normal, are they just a rubbish idea? Is there a knack to them?

member Thu 02-Jun-16 14:43:27

Would also like to know, and is there a particular way round they should go and how can you tell the toe from the heel end if that's the case?

Sgtmajormummy Thu 02-Jun-16 14:57:19

I hate them, but I've found that the ones with an "elastic band" around the opening ping off your foot more often than the ones with a ribbed opening. Here are two photos of the types I mean.
Buying a size larger helps, too.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 02-Jun-16 15:11:54

I got some Pringle ones in TK Maxx recently that have a silicone strip all the way around - they don't budge for the entire day. So I think the silicone strip (and probably paying a bit more) is the answer.
I think these were £6 for 3 pairs.

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Thu 02-Jun-16 15:12:34

They aren't tights material though, they were cotton, which is better for sweaty feet I guess?

tornadedeviande Thu 02-Jun-16 15:20:01

Blair I was just about to recommend what sounds like the same ones.

I thought that although they're not the same fabric as tights, they're not quite like cotton socks either - more like a cross between the two?

Definitely the most successful kind I've tried, anyway.

FreeButtonBee Thu 02-Jun-16 15:24:33

I always put the larger end over my heel. It looks like it should go over your toes but they stay on much easier if you put them on my way.

ParadiseCity Thu 02-Jun-16 15:33:39

Thanks, I wondered if I had gone too cheap! Mine were £6 for 6 pairs in TK Maxx... I might return them and say they don't work and see if I can swap for Pringles/something silicon.

I have just tried putting them on the other way round though just in case. The liners themselves look the same at both ends but were on a piece of cardboard shaped distinctively at one end. i.e. I put the cock end on my toes.

ktjb39 Thu 02-Jun-16 16:31:54

The cotton next ones are quite good but I have small feet and they would not work if my feet were bigger - try the men's ones from primark - my husband bought loads last year so I tried a pair and they stay on much better!

FrustratedFrugal Thu 02-Jun-16 16:35:06

I'd buy very thin leather insoles instead. Every day, I see lots of shoe liner socks that do not stay put wink

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 17:13:49

Yes yes to the Pringle silicon ones from tk max - the very best I've tried are the lace topped version, they honestly do not budge at all. Bit pricier at I think 2 pairs for six quid but I would definitely buy more if I saw them.

I got some in primark 3 for 2.50 they have little silicone flowers on one end under the toe bit and they are the only ones i have found that actually stay on, and can't be seen the other's I had showed above the line of shoe and looked awful.

WhiteHairReally Thu 02-Jun-16 18:08:58

Watching with interest. I really pushed the boat out, paying £5 a pair for some M and S ones that have a silicon bit that sits at the back of the heel. I can report that they are much more successful than any others I've tried, but at that price they should be!
Will look for the Pringle ones next time I'm in TKMaxx though. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now