Hairdryer died, need quick replacement today! Eti or Parlux, ionic or not?

(11 Posts)
Fidelia Thu 02-Jun-16 08:29:52

My hairdryer has died, I need to get a new one today and think it's worth getting a decent one.

Sooooo, is it worth getting an ionic one? And is it worth paying the extra to get a Parlux rather than an Eti?

Hopefully Thu 02-Jun-16 09:05:58

I love my ETI one, have tried various parlux ones at friends and have never thought they were wildly different to my ETI one. I do have straight hair though - I don't know if there's a difference if you're trying to smooth out curls or something.

Fidelia Thu 02-Jun-16 10:23:51

Eti is so much cheaper. If there's not much difference, I think I'll try that!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 02-Jun-16 10:25:23

Parlux,no need to get an ionic one.

Madbengalmum Thu 02-Jun-16 10:30:42

Parlux all the way x

CheeseEloise1 Thu 02-Jun-16 12:21:50

I had problems with an Amazon order for a Parlux which I sent back. Have me time to ponder whether I was spending silly money and asked MN for advice. Ended up getting a Diva Veloce 3800 which was a fraction of the price and I am so pleased with it - so quick and I don't have loads of frizz when I dry my hair.

NattyGolfJerkin Thu 02-Jun-16 12:32:12

Love my Parlux 385

gonegrey56 Thu 02-Jun-16 12:32:28

Parlux compact 385 all the way ...I. Now have lovely swishy hair !

poorbuthappy Thu 02-Jun-16 12:34:30

ETI deffo!

Fidelia Thu 02-Jun-16 13:03:51

I ended up ordering an Eti (some of the reviews of the amazon same day delivery Parlux models mentioned 2 pin plug problems & them conking out).

I went for the 3600 micro stratus. I was thinking of maybe getting the 3500 instead because it's lighter, but the extra power of the 3600 swung it to that instead.

I'm thinking that I'll try it and see how it goes. Hoping I can use a parlux to compare it at some point and then I might upgrade later.

Of course now I'm wondering if I need to upgrade my straighteners too. I have two sets atm:

Vogetti Pro straighteners Which only go up to 215 degrees and I'm not sure that's enough for my hair, but might be ok once I've got the Eti? They do have tourmaline plates, so quite lovely!

and

Remington S3500 Straighteners Which I love, but wonder why other people pay so much more for theirs? Am I missing something?

Fidelia Thu 02-Jun-16 21:13:58

So it arrived and boy is it powerful! I couldn't cope with the top speed and had to keep it on medium. It's made a difference though. my drying time was at least halved. I did need to use straighteners, but it was a lot straighter than usual, and I have swish! I haven't made as good a job of it as my hairdresser, but it's not bad at all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now