Talk

Advanced search

Quick Poll: Navy Linen Wide Legged Trousers

(12 Posts)
MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Wed 01-Jun-16 23:16:08

In ( and I iron and wear them during the summer) or out (off to the charity shop)

If in, what would you wear them with?

Thanks in advance smile

MartinRohdesBellybuttonFluff Thu 02-Jun-16 00:07:53

Any advice please?

doozie90 Thu 02-Jun-16 00:27:55

In! They go with anything and everything. And they look very classy.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 02-Jun-16 01:39:58

Well while they're certainly not my thing. I'd still say they were in. As Doozy says. They go with anything.
Plus navy trousers and a white
T-shirt/blouse would be a fantastic nautical look for the summer.

Floisme Thu 02-Jun-16 06:50:57

I'd chuck them, unless they're really good quality, not because they're navy or wide leg but because I detest linen trousers. I hate the way they look like you've dried the dishes with them within an hour of putting on.

But if you don't share my linen trouser hatred then keep and wear with a fitted top.

Yakari Thu 02-Jun-16 06:57:17

In - if they fit well. Linen can look great but if its either too baggy you look like a scruff or two tight it strains then you look fatter. Be brutally honest about the fit and there's your choice.
If you keep them then wear them with fitted top, plain T, or white vest and white shirt over the top.

lurkingfromhome Thu 02-Jun-16 08:28:16

Out!

Linen creases like a bugger and the wide-leg linen look is not very stylish. Linen trousers are rarely flattering IME.

Navy is good, though: what about some rolled-up chinos (the Gap broken in chinos are nice)?

Runningupthathill82 Thu 02-Jun-16 08:31:32

Out. Unless you're off somewhere fiendishly hot on holiday this summer, where you have to cover up... in which case get rid of them after that.

Elle80 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:20:59

Personally I'd say out, but I hate linen and find it such an unwearable fabric.

RickOShay Thu 02-Jun-16 09:25:02

Another vote for out.

BabyGanoush Thu 02-Jun-16 09:26:50

Out

only keep if super heavy weight linen (say Max Mara or similar)

burnishedsilver Thu 02-Jun-16 09:34:08

Out. No matter how well you iron them theyll look like a crumpled bag as soon as you sit down. Even groomed and polished Eva Longoria looks like she slept in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now