Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

electric toothbrush for the family

(10 Posts)
PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 01-Jun-16 15:57:03

I'm after a new electric toothbrush for the family and have looked at some old reviews on here but wondered if there was anything new out there that people would recommend.

I've liked my Oral B but the battery is now needing recharging fairly often so I'd like to upgrade. My priority is plaque as I fight a losing battle, especially with my lower front teeth.

However, I also need to replace the brushes for the rest of the family as they are all on cheap battery powered ones that seem really ineffectual to me. For the kids, the priorities are are teaching them good brushing habits (so for instance a timer would be good as DS5 brushes for all of 20 seconds).

When DH is organised enough to sort out his own toothbrush, he can have his priorities considered.

So come on Mumsnet oracle, is there a single toothbrush we can all use, or do you have recommendations for each of us?

Happy to hear the money-is-no-object answers as well as more sensible ones!

Kirriemuir Wed 01-Jun-16 16:33:32

I moved from oral b to a Phillips sonicare. Got it half price in boots. Battery lasts about 4 weeks - well just tested it for my holiday. Charged on 1 May and ran out on Monday 27th. Very impressed with it and teeth feel cleaner.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 01-Jun-16 16:34:49

Do you know which sonicare? There are a few "levels" and wondering if I should go full whack to diamondcare, though I like that less for the kids for some reason.

Kirriemuir Wed 01-Jun-16 16:39:51

I am sure I still have the box at home so I will check.

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 01-Jun-16 18:52:43

thanks

PopGoesTheWeaz Wed 01-Jun-16 23:29:52

shameless bump for end of evening?

charliethebear Wed 01-Jun-16 23:40:05

I still like the oral B one, I think mine is the 5000, it has a timer, a quadrant timer to tell you when to move to the next quadrant and a pressure sensor so you dont brush to hard. It also gives a really good clean. The timer also has a smiley face if you brush for long enough so good for children.
Its a couple of years old now but I think any oral B one with the timer is good 😊

Captainladder Wed 01-Jun-16 23:42:04

Oral b and sonicare both good, both will need replacing after some time though have found the oral b ones longer lasting. We all use the same base (Ds 5, Ds 7, dh and me)

charliethebear Wed 01-Jun-16 23:47:07

I think its the smart series the one I have 😊

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Thu 02-Jun-16 06:53:31

Philips are great. I have the one that's about £50, I got the £25 one for ds but it's nowhere near as good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now