Talk

Advanced search

DH in LA for a few days- what is cheap out there?

(7 Posts)
DailyMailResearcher Tue 31-May-16 23:37:15

I haven't treated myself for a while and he asked what I would like. I would actually like a Mulberry but am guessing they're not much cheaper out there, so any other brands of handbags that I could look at, that are actually cheaper in the US? I would also like a Chloe but again doubt they're cheaper over there?

DailyMailResearcher Tue 31-May-16 23:39:39

Posted too soon sorry, anyway I would like something that is worth buying in the states and preferably something that I can send him a pic of. Seem to have a compete memory block on nice American brands!

TIA

eyebrowsonfleek Tue 31-May-16 23:40:52

No idea if they are cheaper but Coach? Ralph Lauren?

DailyMailResearcher Wed 01-Jun-16 21:25:48

Bump

Liiinooo Wed 01-Jun-16 22:31:25

When I visit NY I buy UGGs and Apple products. If I'm not there my husband visits the store with my wish list and the nice sales assistants help him out. I guess the prices are similar in LA.

If I am there and have time on my own I can spend hours in Sephora (http://www.sephora.com/). And I also spend small fortunes in Duane Read - like super drug but vast and so cheap. As well as cosmetics I stock up on generic antibiotic cream for my regular excema infections, antihistamines, travel sickness medication, teeth whiteners. I am making myself sad that I am not going this year.

On the whole, the above excepted, I don't find NY any cheaper than the UK and the choice can be quite limited and conservative in fashions. If other people can put me right I will be very grateful.

londonginge86 Wed 01-Jun-16 22:37:30

Michael Kors is a bit cheaper!

YesOfCourseAlways Thu 02-Jun-16 08:36:17

You get good discounts on Mulberry at Heathrow, you can ring them and they'll put whatever you want aside for your DH to buy. J crew and Madewell are much cheaper over there and the often have 20-30% promotions. I'd be printing off a wish list for him to hand to the sales assistant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now