Talk

Advanced search

Hair dresser disaster!

(11 Posts)
Laurenamanda96 Tue 31-May-16 16:12:02

I had my hair done today and asked for an ombré style, I came out loving the colour and how they kept my blonde, however I've just gone to put my hair up and it's all chocolate brown ! Any ideas on how to lighten it 🙁

NorfolkEnchantsToday Tue 31-May-16 16:13:53

No advice but think it's lovely

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Tue 31-May-16 16:15:28

Isn't that what ombre is?

I think it's nice.

LuckySantangelo1 Tue 31-May-16 16:16:34

That's what ombré is! It looks lovely.

Laurenamanda96 Tue 31-May-16 16:18:06

I like it when it's down but it's so dark on top it looks silly when it's up!

Chewbecca Tue 31-May-16 16:20:33

Isn't that how it is supposed to be though? The 'tail' bit will be blonde won't it?

Buttwing Tue 31-May-16 17:35:31

I think they've stared the ombré bit too high up, so it looks like roots rather than ombré. What colour was your hair before?

I have balayage but it starts from around my ears, but if I put it up it does look two different colours but maybe more subtle because mines only highlighted at the bottom rather than a solid colour.

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 31-May-16 17:37:40

I love the daily mail sad face on the hair up pic smile
It's nice.

Shadow1986 Tue 31-May-16 17:40:08

If it's been dyed brown it will fade a bit after a few washes anyway.

My friend only lasted with her ombré a few days before dying it back all one colour as she hated how it looked when it was up.

LadyAntonella Tue 31-May-16 18:13:34

I think it looks great OP! Definitely not a hair disaster at all. If you don't like it though I think you could go back to the salon and ask them to fix it? Worth an ask I guess.

Also love the Daily Mail sad face. grin

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 31-May-16 18:21:00

Yes great combo of happy/sad face there. grin sad

You could ask for subtle highlights round your face or just go with it. Maybe a high bun so you can pile the blonde on top of your head?
You do have the advantage of not having to redo your roots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now