Talk

Advanced search

Best tan tights?

(9 Posts)
mcwhite Tue 31-May-16 09:24:21

Going to a wedding and dress is shorter than usual. I don't like my legs and I know I could fake tan them but;
a) my knees have the skin of a rhino and haven't got time to get them silky smooth
b) I feel a little 'exposed' with bare skin these days

I'm looking for natural looking tan tights - not shiny but maybe a tiny bit sheeny but not so sheer that you can see my glowing white rhino skin underneath.

Any recommendations please? I need to shop TODAY so no pressure!

M&S is normal port or call for tights but which ones??

LadyAntonella Tue 31-May-16 09:27:58

Oh sorry OP I have never had any luck with tan tights. The weathers horrible today anyway (or it is where I am). Could you wear black or a different colour opaque? Not very wedding-y maybe...

Hopefully someone more helpful will be along in a minute!

ScarletForYa Tue 31-May-16 09:37:44

They will look terrible OP, don't do it. Tights with any kind of shine in them make your legs look like glossy sausages, especially in photos.

If you must go for very fine denier rights as close to your skin color as possible.

If you want to go bare, coconut oil gets dry hard skin looking nice very quickly!

TheCraicDealer Tue 31-May-16 09:38:21

Pretty Polly Naturals- you can get them in Boots. They're by far the best ones I've tried. John Lewis have a range called "barely there" or something, but the tan colour is too dark and the lighter shade is a bit corpse-like.

ScarletForYa Tue 31-May-16 09:40:04

That should read; If you must go for very fine denier matt tights as close to your skin color as possible

LadyAntonella Tue 31-May-16 10:43:46

Isn't there some sort of leg make up? I've never used it but maybe worth looking into as an alternative to fake tan.

mcwhite Tue 31-May-16 10:48:56

Got the sausage look going on already so definitely don't want to enhance that with shiny tights! On the other hand, some of the tights I've tried have like a 'powdery' look to them which looks awful on my pasty pins...

Leg make up could be an option - have used that before..but feel that that would just give me a 'base' colour that is still want to cover with tights so as to be less exposed.
Will check out pretty polly, thank you.

I really should have sorted this earlier dammit!

MyNewHobbyIsGin Tue 31-May-16 13:28:18

these from m&s are good. I wear natural tan and am quite fair. They are a nicely matt!

I have a "no black tights for summer" rule, and wear these for work April to September.

NatalieRushman Tue 31-May-16 13:32:33

I usually buy the multipacks of M&S tights in Matte illusion. I think it's £5 for 5? The look really natural, and I always have plenty if they snag (which happens a lot to me, so I always carry a spare pair).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now