Do you have a 'uniform'?

(24 Posts)
witsender Tue 31-May-16 08:26:21

Inspired by another thread, do you have a 'uniform' of sorts that you stick to?

I do I guess, turned up ankle type jeans (not turned up in winter grin), deck shoes or leather sandals, drapey tee etc.

What do you wear?

mrsmortis Tue 31-May-16 08:39:55

For work I do. Smart grey trousers, black mary janes in the summer or ankle boots in the winter, a shirt and a scarf. With a blazer if it's cold.

For casual I'm more of a capsule wardrobe type. I have 3 pairs of jeans and half a dozen tops on constant rotation. I only buy a new one when one starts to look disreputable enough that I don't want to be seen in it.

Makes my life so much easier.

whatamess0815 Tue 31-May-16 08:45:15

sort off. mainly monochrome. black skinny trousers and about 5 tops and a 3 dresses. for casual I wear skinnies with 3-4 tops I rotate and again my dresses (I just wear them with Converse instead of office shoes). mainly b/w so everything goes with everything. very capsulish I think and I only buy if I need.

Kwirrell Tue 31-May-16 09:00:49

Only after Kondoing my wardrobe, did I realise I do.

80% of my clothes are plain black or plain grey, 15% Plain navy. 4% pale green or blue. And 2 items in shocking pink. (Must of had a mad day once)

witsender Tue 31-May-16 10:07:56

When I open my drawer (after Kondo-ing grin) mine is obvious too. Denim, navy, grey in various shades, cream/white in summer and the odd splash of chartreuse/yellow.

Liiinooo Tue 31-May-16 10:17:42

Denim jeggings or skinny jeans in a range of colours with UGGs in the winter, Skechers/Vans/flat sandals in the summer. High heels/wedges for when I want to dress it up and won't be walking far.

Top half is tunic-y mid thigh tops in bright colours. cashmere in the winter, linen/silk/mixes in the summer. I have enormous boobs that can spill out of anything so I have a huge collection of £2 camisoles from Primark in every colour under the sun to ensure decency.

I am small so don't wear big jewellery or scarves because they swamp me. I stick to diamond ear studs, two nice diamond rings and smallish pendants. I have been saving for a tennis bracelet and am nearly there but the thought of spending that much money on something that might fall off is making me hesitate

AdrenalineFudge Tue 31-May-16 10:18:23

Yes, black skinny jeans, ankle boots and t-shirts in various block colours. Very simple look and you honestly can't go wrong with it.

OhHolyFuck Tue 31-May-16 10:20:12

Jeans and long black t-shirts/dresses, usually from h&m
Every day

Athrawes Tue 31-May-16 10:21:38

Nope, life too short for monotony. Jeans and a squillion different pairs of shoes and tops and handknits and dresses and smart stuff and skirts long and short. Shorts and tights and heels and flats and sparkles. No converse, so ugly.

Piemernator Tue 31-May-16 10:23:07

Jeans, tight t.shirts, sketchers or wedged sandals.

MrsMushrooms Tue 31-May-16 10:35:06

Ankle-length black leggings with either a knee-length dress or shorter dress / top & a plain black skirt. Plus boots unless it's really hot, in which case sandals. Add a cardigan in the winter, shrug in the summer.

Definitely getting boring, need to shake it up!

AdoraKiora Tue 31-May-16 10:35:08

My work uniform is midi dress, black tights and black ankle boots (winter), midi dress, wedge sandals and little cardi (summer).

My casual uniform is skinny jeans, forgiving-to-the-tum top (ruched if fitted, or a slouchy long tee/vest/tunic/layering) and long cardi or kimono, with ankle boots or Converse.

I do have other stuff I wear now and then, but these are my staples.

TheDropBear Thu 02-Jun-16 07:31:17

Winter: Skinny jeans, oversized jumpers and boots/converse or knit dresses, thick tights and boots. Black and darker tones like burgundy/dark green.

Summer: Summer dress (always fitted around the waist and above the knee lengthwise), denim jacket, ankle boots or sandals. Or short shorts and a vest/T-shirt and flip flops. Bright colours

Should probably try and mix it up a bit, not very adventurous at all

Floisme Thu 02-Jun-16 07:44:54

At the moment, either below the knee tube skirt with a slouchy top or straightleg jeans turned up to the ankle with a more fitted top and brogues. But I normally get bored and move on. I think I've worm tube skirts longer than I've ever worn anything.

Colours: mainly plums, purples, greens and dark grey. Not black, white or anything too bright or too pale.

YaySirNaySir Thu 02-Jun-16 08:27:07

For work I have 5 outfits, an outfit for each day hanging together in my wardrobe - with a few extras for weather extremities.
Otherwise I wear jeans mainly either with
t-shirts or jumpers and ankle boots or converse. Mainly black, grey, blue.
I have loads of jackets though so no uniform there.

maggiethemagpie Thu 02-Jun-16 08:32:25

After two pregnancies where I gained a lot of weight, plus had c sections, I have sadly been left with a big flabby belly disproportionate to the rest of me. So I stick to leggings and dresses (from white stuff or red herring) and cardis, that's pretty much my uniform these days! i work from home so don't usually need to look smart, for the odd meeting I wear a smart dress and tights.

it's a complete 180 from before I had babies and used to wear jeans and trousers a lot. I'd like to get my waistline back one day but unless i have some sort of tummy tuck not sure how it'll happen!

LadyAntonella Thu 02-Jun-16 08:34:41

No, I'm pretty sure I don't actually... I suppose I am drawn to certain clothes as they suit me better but I wouldn't say I have a uniform. I wear a lot of skirts, but they could be any length other than calf or micro mini which don't suit me and I also wear jeans quite a lot and dresses sometimes. It's hard to say though, maybe I do wear a bit of a uniform and just haven't noticed it myself.

EssentialHummus Thu 02-Jun-16 08:57:45

Very much!

I wfh: yoga pants plus neutral colour Gap v-neck top

Going out: skinny jeans, black Chelsea boots, neutral colour Gap v-neck top

Colder weather: skinny jeans, black Chelsea boots, neutral colour Gap v-neck top, Desigual-style pullover/jumper

However, we go on holiday to the same warm beach resort each year, and I bring out a rotation of summer dresses there grin.

OneOfTheGrundys Thu 02-Jun-16 10:12:55

Yes.
Black jeggings with a loose top and biker boots for work.
Blue skinny jeans, loose top/tana lawn ish shirts/big jumper or cardi plus biker boots or converse for home.
Running shoes today on.
Skinny joggers plus fleece for home.
All with heavy silver/gold big hoop earrings and nice Varuna scarves.
Barbour/drizabone outerwear.
V boring but works for my life!

OneOfTheGrundys Thu 02-Jun-16 10:13:39

And I can hardly ever turn down a liberty print anything, ever.

OneOfTheGrundys Thu 02-Jun-16 10:14:55

And chunky necklaces. But no bracelets or rings except for engagement/wedding as I don't like wrists/hands encumbered.

Believeitornot Thu 02-Jun-16 10:17:28

For work yes.

No patterns ever.

Navy blues instead of blacks. My core wardrobe consists of several dresses, two skirts, shirts and cardigans. I also buy bright coloured tops for the season.

I wear fitted dresses or pencil skirts, smart jackets or well fitting cardigans which sit above the waist.

Minimal jewellery.

Outside of work I tend to stick to skinny jeans, hoodies and t shirts. Maybe a dress on occasion.

dragonsarebest Thu 02-Jun-16 10:27:07

I think I do, yes. Cos dresses for work, monki dresses with tights in the winter, jeans (either skinny or bf) with a drapey/oversized top in the summer. Today for example I'm in a drapey tshirt dress over skinnies (but no black or grey which is v unusual!).

JuliannalovesCliveBixby Thu 02-Jun-16 10:27:08

Yes. Also discovered after kondoing. Blue, navy or black jeans of various cuts. Skinny, flared, boot cut, cropped. Checked shirts and striped/breton tops from gap, Oasis, Boden, anywhere decent. Ugg biker boots in winter. Vans, converse, or flat nice leather sandals in summer (usually with a bit of sparkle or gold type metal).

Will also wear dresses occasionally in summer or when going out, and other things, but the above is what I wear day to day. I work for myself and I have small kids and breastfeed so need simplicity!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now