Recommendations for strapless bras.

(12 Posts)
Ginandthecoconut Tue 31-May-16 08:04:33

Any suggestions for a strapless bra that is supportive and has a good shape? I normally suit balconette.

Recently had a bra fitting. I was wearing a 34D. Measured at 32E. I brought 4 just not a damn strapless one. No time to go shopping. So hoping online might be the way forward? Tia.

SlinkyVagabond Tue 31-May-16 08:16:36

Wonderbra. Dd has similar shape/size to you and it's fantastic. I'd go try on first though.

KatharinaRosalie Tue 31-May-16 08:23:12

Wonderbra Ultimate is the best. But it's very tight, a lot of people find they need to go up a band size.

mrsvilliers Tue 31-May-16 08:33:13

I had great hopes for the Wonderbra Ultimate but really disliked it. I ended up getting a Panache Evie (Panache is my favourite brand) from a website called Belle Lingerie which seems to heavily discount. Seems good from a try on although I've yet to wear it!

Ginandthecoconut Tue 31-May-16 09:04:38

Thanks for the replies : )

I had my eye on the Panache Evie. This might be a contender. I will have a look on Belle Lingerie. Thank you.

I've had WonderBras before. I found them uncomfortable, however in the name of research I will check out the Ultimate!

bojorojo Tue 31-May-16 10:34:20

My DD is a big fan of Panache. She has just acquired a strapless one from them (30F) and is very pleased.

Ginandthecoconut Tue 31-May-16 11:00:26

Great. Thank you. Panache do seem to have a good range. Think I'll have to order a couple of different styles. See which fit is the best. x

MeadowHay Wed 01-Jun-16 10:41:37

Another one who loves the Wonderbra ultimate strapless!

Ginandthecoconut Wed 01-Jun-16 11:10:57

MeadowHay- what's the shape like?And did you need to go up a size? I've read loads of reviews on line...

Lweji Wed 01-Jun-16 11:18:52

I bought a Deco Strapless Bra by Freya at Bravissimo. It provides really good support for me (it's on a 28F), with or without the removable straps. I also wear balconette styles normally.

SnoopDoggyDogg Wed 01-Jun-16 11:55:38

I've got the same as lweji and the same size too.
I wear it so much that I bought a second one. Really good support, doesn't slip down and invisible under sheer clothes.

Ginandthecoconut Thu 02-Jun-16 15:59:13

So I popped into TKMaxx yesterday. I picked a WonderBra Ultimate for £6.99. In black.

I popped into a independent Lingerie shop, today and brought a Marie Jo multi way bra in nude. That was a tad more expensive then the WonderBra!

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now