Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yellow fishermans jacket

(66 Posts)
PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 17:48:39

I have just bought my twins little yellow fishermans macs. So cute!! And now I want one too. Quite aside from whether it is unutterably awful to deliberately copy your toddlers' clothes, are these an ok thing for a grown up to wear? There is a nice one in seasalt that I have my eye on......what do you think??

My mum and my DH, who are sitting here, say we will look like 3 little minions. I am ignoring them. If it's cool at 3, it's cool at 35, right?

Lambzig Mon 30-May-16 17:54:21

I love the petit bateau one, but not sure about dressing the same as my toddler. I think it's the dressing the same that might look odd, not the Mac wearing.

Chottie Mon 30-May-16 17:57:10

Very cute on your twins........

but........ <<whispers>> not sure whether a fisherman look is a good one, if you aren't fisherman.........

BuzzLightyearsHoneyBun Mon 30-May-16 17:59:04

I have one, I'm 35, get none stop compliments about it. Honestly, think it is my most complimented article of clothing.
Mine is from topshop.
My husband's face was a picture when it arrived but I don't notice the brightness anymore.
I haven't bought my sons matching ones though grin

AtiaoftheJulii Mon 30-May-16 18:06:28

My (almost adult) daughter just bought this one www.greatoutdoorssuperstore.co.uk/regatta-ladies-bayeur-jacket-old-gold-p38962 and it is really nice - reminds me of when she was little grin

So yes, I think you could certainly carry one off. Not sure about going out as a yellow threesome though!

MitzyLeFrouf Mon 30-May-16 18:19:43

I like yellow raincoats. No issue with rocking the Portland Bill look. He's an underrated style inspo.

Dressing like your toddler twins though? Hellz no!

Ilovewillow Mon 30-May-16 18:44:20

I love them, so cute! I'm sure you could get away with it! If you're not feeling brave enough I have a navy Seasalt one which is also lovely.

PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 18:55:47

grin thanks willow. We would have the baby too and his coat is blue so it's not like it's a uniform or anything!! I'm still a bit cross that DH talked me out of matching Christmas dresses for the 3 of us, this would help fill that aching void!!

Maybe navy is more sensible though, and I agree that the navy seasalt one is very pretty.

witsender Mon 30-May-16 19:13:35

I have the navy sea salt one, sleeves are a teeny on the short side but nice and light. LOVE the yellow, always looks fab when I see it on people. Joules did one too last year.

PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 19:24:25

I really like the regatta one too. Will look for the joules one. Short sleeves will be a problem as I am basically a gorilla. Hmmmmm

PetronellaOsgood Mon 30-May-16 19:35:15

I have the yellow Seasalt one, it's fantastic, I love it and it's always complemented when I'm out and about. Buy it, especially at that price, I paid full price haha.

Buzzardbird Mon 30-May-16 19:42:06

So cute!

candykane25 Mon 30-May-16 19:47:25

Oh my god Persis I want one too! Shiny, in red or yellow. Red might be better for all year round. I've even googled today! Watching with interest.
DD had a wonderful red pvc duffle from gap but it's sadly too small for her now.

PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 19:53:50

Next is where I got the girls' ones from candy and they get good reviews.

DH has just tentatively asked when I would wear it. I have given him a withering look. Surely it is obvious that the answer is All The Time.

candykane25 Mon 30-May-16 20:15:20

I saw they yellow ones in the boys section but they sold out before I could get one.

lisbapalea Mon 30-May-16 20:17:41

I spotted one in White Stuff today....

StubbleTurnips Mon 30-May-16 20:20:31

I have the sea salt one in thundercloud , also known as dark grey, it's fantastic!

PrincessHairyMclary Mon 30-May-16 21:12:46

I like them and have been eyeing up the Seasalt one for a while.

As it happens DD and I often go out dressed very similarly, not on purpose but I buy both our clothes from Fat face and their ranges are similar

candykane25 Mon 30-May-16 21:58:49

Sadly too small for me

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122001232195

PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 22:44:05

Ooooh candy it would be a bit of a squash and a squeeze.....might get in if naked underneath!! Am watching with interest though.

I ordered the girls coats this afternoon from the next website....for some reason I can't ever do links to next pages but they are in girls coats. Little yellow raincoats. They don't usually have matching coats but I have made an exception for these little cuties!!

PersisFord Mon 30-May-16 22:49:02

princess I think me and the girls are often quite similarly dressed - jeans and a tshirt most days!! i didn't know fatface did kids clothes though <scuttles off with credit card in hand>

I'm 80% decided on the seasalt one. Only problem is I really like the navy and the grey too......

ChippyMinton Mon 30-May-16 22:53:09

Did you watch Top Gear? Chris Evans was rocking a fishermans oilskin coat and matching hat...

PersisFord Tue 31-May-16 07:01:00

Oh dear....that's about the only thing anyone could say that would put me off. Very sad....

What's the sizing like on th seasalt one?

Lozislovely Tue 31-May-16 10:17:16

Lazy Jacks have a couple of raincoats, short and long. Nice range of bright colours too.

MWestie Tue 31-May-16 11:14:04

My mum has the yellow Regatta linked to above. It's surprisingly lovely but I'm firmly resisting it as the thought of both of us marching out together resplendent in yellow is too much to think of. But if anyone knows of a nice red? Cos that will obviously look so much better together...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now