Bright temporary hair due without bleaching?

(5 Posts)
NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Sun 29-May-16 17:56:30

I have fairly dark brown hair which I've never really dyed. I would love to put in some bright colours every now and again (pink, purple, blue...).

Due to my job I couldn't keep the colours in for work (although a slight tint left behind wouldn't be the end of the world). I don't want to bleach my hair.

Is there anything I can use that will give a bright colour without having to bleach and that will also wash out fairly quickly? (Say in a week or two if I was on leave, although a bright weekend colour would be amazing! )

Does such a product exist or am i asking for unicorn tears?

I've tried colour pop (applied in a salon) which was rubbish and just added a slight tint to my hair when under bright light. Also a spray on which didn't show up on my hair at all, and chalks which did very little.

Grateful for any suggestions/recommendations that might work on darker hair!

DerelictMyBalls Sun 29-May-16 18:24:21

I was going to suggest hair chalks and spray. Maybe those little clip-on extensions?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 29-May-16 20:18:53

Yes unicorn tears would be easier grin

You could get a few fine highlights around your hairline and then use a temporary bright colour to go raving at the weekend? Nothing will show up on dark brown hair.

If not, clip in extensions are a good plan.

TheImprobableGirl Sun 29-May-16 20:20:51

Have you tried the Schwarzkopf dark hair dyes? Not sure if they're permanent or not though, sorry. Maybe a wig?

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Sun 29-May-16 21:03:16

Thanks for the replies. I haven't tried the Schwartzkopf dyes, I've only seen permanent versions before, but could have missed something - I'll have a look again, thanks.

I've used clip in pieces before which are ok but I'd just love to have a dye that could do the job.

If the schwartzkopf doesn't work out perhaps highlights are the way to go - at least until I find a friendly unicorn willing to donate its tears... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now