Favourite places to shop for clothes?

(17 Posts)
MalbecAndLindt Sun 29-May-16 17:22:25

I'm turning 30 in a few months and feel like I've lost myself a bit lately so looking for a bit of inspiration. I feel like I'm in that mix of not wanting to shop in New Look any more but too young for M&S. I'm also aiming to slowly build more good quality capsule pieces that I wear often as opposed to loads I don't wear much. Going to start having a clear out of my wardrobe over the next few weeks.

I recently discovered All Saints and seemed a more classic version of the style I feel comfortable in -- skinny jeans, nice tops, biker jackets, etc. But the stuff is a little out of my price range at the moment. So I'm looking for some inspiration. Where are some of your favourite places to shop?

burnishedsilver Sun 29-May-16 17:26:50

Hof have a range called label lab that it a bit reminiscent of All Saints. Mint velvet also have some pieces (particularly their leather) along the same lines but their prices have jumped up recently.

AmberNectarine Sun 29-May-16 20:05:19

Topshop, whistles, ASOS, Harvey Nichols.

LadyAntonella Sun 29-May-16 20:15:29

eBay! I'll tell anyone who'll listen to shop there grin. I've bought so many lovely things there (a lot of them are brand new so you don't have to buy second hand if you don't like the thought of it). I prefer it to "actual" shopping now.

calzone Sun 29-May-16 20:31:21

TKMAXX

pfft123 Sun 29-May-16 20:40:33

Cos.

MNetter15 Sun 29-May-16 20:42:55

Oasis

HahahahaFuckYou Sun 29-May-16 20:50:17

Zara. mango, pull and bear, h&m, topshop, asos

msrisotto Sun 29-May-16 21:31:31

Joules, White Stuff, Oasis, Monsoon, H&M, Fat Face, I still like New Look occasionally and i'm 30. Ted Baker, Karen Millen sometimes.

msrisotto Sun 29-May-16 21:32:24

How do you shop ebay then LadyAntonella? You surely can't search 'skirts' or something, there's thousands of pages of results....

BeJayKayven Sun 29-May-16 21:36:41

Another eBay vote from me. I actually grudge paying full price in shops now when there are so many new items for sale on there.

Kennington Sun 29-May-16 21:40:03

Other stories
I love everything about this shop. The clothes, jewellery in particular and the perfumes.
The shop on regents St makes me feel old with all the Young things in there.

Littlelondoner Sun 29-May-16 22:18:24

Whistles
Cos
&other stories
Zara
Reiss
Uniqlo
Banana republic
Gap

Are my must visit places when ever I go high street shopping. But I buy a lot online or from smaller boutiques to get more unique pieces.

I'm 28 as well so feel past fast fashion but not wanting to be too mummy yet as I am still young.

WonderingAround Sun 29-May-16 22:26:40

I'm 30. Majority of my clothes are high street buys, topshop and river island. I also like urban outfitters, coast and ted baker for something nice. I used to like all saints but it's way overpriced for what it is.

LadyAntonella Mon 30-May-16 07:53:36

mrsrisotto, I would do a search for skirts plus the fabric I want, so recently I searched for cotton skirts for going on holiday (that's a biggie for me as I like natural fibres and I find they are hard to find or expensive in a lot of high street shops), then I select 'buy it now' or auction depending on if I want a second hand bargain or if I cba doing an auction and want something brand new which a lot of the buy it now items seem to be. I then refine by size, refine by the length I want (I can't wear calf length and wouldn't wear micro mini --too old and too fat--), then I sort by price so I don't get overexcited by an item I can't afford. Depending on the item, I might only buy from within the UK (you can filter sellers from outside the UK) and if I am only interested in certain brands or colours I will filter again. Honestly it's my favourite way to shop and I actually find exactly what I'm looking for which I just can't do in high street shops or even the big online shops like Asos etc. I recently bought a second hand full length 100% cotton skirt, two brand new 100% cotton cap sleeve tops from M&S and a beautiful pleated cotton skirt for a wedding (brand new from M&S again - but it really is beautiful). It cost me about £25 for all of it including postage.

coppergrey Mon 30-May-16 08:04:03

I'm 30, currently pregnant and quite conscious of not looking too 'mumsy'... Although I probably won't give a sh*t when the baby comes! For now though, I like:

ASOS
Topshop (simpler stuff, don't like the high fashion pieces but good for jeans and shirts)
And Other Stories
Zara
Mango
Cos

I used to love Whistles but think it's gone very ~experimental~ with too many odd shapes and weird fabrics.

hollieberrie Mon 30-May-16 08:23:23

I like Gap Zara Mango Fat Face, the odd bit of H&M Topshop and Boden. To keep costs down I do a lot of charity shop shopping - I go to a mid- affluent kind of area - lots of nice high street clothes at 2.99. / 3.99 / 4.99 type prices.

Also eBay - I search brands I like in my size and just see what comes up. It's also good if there's a particular thing you know you like but you don't want to buy new e.g. Topshop Leigh skinnies or French Connection tea dress (2 ,of my fave searches!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now