Talk

Advanced search

Please help me accessorise my outfit, I'm having a wobble

(10 Posts)
MomofBride Sun 29-May-16 08:37:40

I have this dress, and shoes. I was thinking pashmina and some sort of hat but have no idea what colour to choose. The wedding is in July.

MomofBride Sun 29-May-16 14:17:54

Bump

twostepsister Sun 29-May-16 14:30:58

www.johnlewis.com/marella-cuffia-cropped-jacket-cornflower-blue/p2589292
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-nina-medium-side-up-disc-occasion-hat-red/p2657171
Mustard bag would look good too something like this
www.johnlewis.com/mulberry-postman's-lock-clutch-bag/p2751382?colour=Canary

twostepsister Sun 29-May-16 14:38:27

MomofBride this is a beautiful dress and there are quite a few colours, a palette of red, blue and mustard would work really well. Break the rules with not colour matching hat, bag and shoes. Do not wear a pashmina, I made the mistake of wearing one for the races and it keeps falling off and can look like a blanket!! John Lewis are price matching until tomorrow so have a look on their website.

LadyAntonella Sun 29-May-16 15:09:03

Agree with above - I would avoid matching shoes, bag and hat or one could end up looking like her maj! grin

Mustard, red or maybe even silver might work with that dress. It's really pretty btw.

CharlieSierra Sun 29-May-16 16:18:55

This is it about not too much matching for fear of ending up looking like Her Maj! Or at least the typical overdone MOB thing. Thanks for the ideas, I hadn't thought of red at all. The shoes go great but they are really more turquoise than they look in the pic, and no way would I find anything to match them anyway. Would you really go different for shoes, bag and hat though? I love the yellow bag btw.

LadyAntonella Sun 29-May-16 17:24:10

The dress is lovely and definitely not the MOB look I remember (shiny suits in magenta or purple with matching accessories seemed to be popular a while ago and it wasn't to my taste).

I probably wouldn't match my bag with shoes ever. I just don't particularly like it - it's just my taste. Matching hat and shoes or matching hat and bag I think is fine. All matching is definitely queen territory IMHO. I might go with either red or something more neutral for the hat and bag. Would navy work? How about a navy hat and a red and navy bag? Something like that where everything compliments each other without being a total match iykwim.

twostepsister Sun 29-May-16 18:45:21

This would work with the bag
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-teardrop-fascinator/p2521308?colour=Yellow
I would take the dress and shoes into a department store and try out the various option in the changing rooms

LadyAntonella Sun 29-May-16 18:59:49

Oh sorry you already have a bag!!! blush

Yes that fascinator would go.

CharlieSierra Sun 29-May-16 19:39:30

No, I don't have a bag yet, I love the yellow one that twostepsister linked to above, it's out of stock but I've seen others now I've looked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now