Talk

Advanced search

Anyone fancy a challenge? Dress for a wedding

(8 Posts)
itstheyearzero Thu 26-May-16 20:55:31

I've been going round and round trying to find a perfect dress for my brother's wedding in September. I know I have got plenty of time but I like to get things sorted! I think I need to think outside the box because I've recently lost a fair bit of weight and my mindset hasn't shifted yet, I'm still looking at dresses for the old me IYKWIM.

So, if you were 46, 5'7", shoulder length dark hair, fairly slim, bit of a middle aged spread but that can be sorted with the right undies, size 12, good legs, arms not bad but not perfect, what would you order to try on? I like fairly classic looks I think, nothing too 'out there's.

Help me oh wise ones! Thanks.

Chillyegg Thu 26-May-16 20:59:26

m.coast-stores.com/p/jariney-jacquard-dress/1610556?locale=en

m.coast-stores.com/p/ariella-bow-jumpsuit/1595261?locale=en

m.coast-stores.com/p/baltic-print-riminda-dress/1615798?locale=en

itstheyearzero Thu 26-May-16 21:08:17

Thanks Chillyegg. I love the first one, will bookmark it! Jumpsuit's a no-no, couldn't have anything strapless, just not confident enough, plus would be worried about spillage. Not massively keen on the third one, it's just not jumping out at me. Thanks for looking, dress 1 is on my list of possibilities!

itstheyearzero Thu 26-May-16 21:09:33

And should probably have said, budget around the £100 mark tops.

phoolani Thu 26-May-16 21:37:34

I looked at this to recommend to another MNer, liked it so much I ordered it. Might be a bit plain for a wedding, tho. m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/warehouse-belted-midi-dress-navy/p2725354?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_27#page_loaded

phoolani Thu 26-May-16 21:40:21

Or this? m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/warehouse-floral-print-prom-dress-multi/p2699399?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_32#page_loaded

itstheyearzero Thu 26-May-16 22:13:10

The navy one is beautiful phoo, but more office than wedding I feel. I'm not loving the floral, mainly because when I was bigger I think I kind of hid behind big patterns, I appreciate you looking though...thank you!

Frolicacid Thu 26-May-16 22:55:31

There are lots of lovely dresses in phase eight at the moment with 20% off. Might be worth a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now