We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Thread veins

(17 Posts)
wowfudge Thu 26-May-16 19:08:21

Has anyone had work done on facial thread veins? I am really self-conscious about mine and one cheek is worse than the other. I'm contemplating having them done, but does it last? Will I just develop more thread veins in another area?

Make up tones them down and although I am made up nearly every day, I don't like very heavy cover and you can still see them.

Truckingalong Fri 27-May-16 07:03:21

I've recently had electrolysis. Hurts like buggery but very effective.

wowfudge Sat 28-May-16 19:28:26

Thanks Trucking - do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about it? Were the chances of them recurring discussed or mentioned at all? Also electrolysis for hair removal is relatively cheap; is it the same for thread veins?

sofato5miles Sat 28-May-16 19:32:47

I has some done on my nose. Dr used a laser and did about 8 pings. Each zap was quite sore but it was very effective and i didn't even require a follow up treatment that he warned may be needed.

BusStopBetty Sat 28-May-16 21:39:00

I tried it (laser), and it did absolutely nothing. They even did extra treatments for free, but still nothing. I think I may be an unusual case though.

Truckingalong Sun 29-May-16 00:37:38

Laser doesn't always work and electrolysis is more effective (and more painful - almost had to stop and came very close to tears in a pity party for myself!). It was also half the price of laser.

BusStopBetty Sun 29-May-16 08:45:50

Oh really? I'll look into that then.

Truckingalong Sun 29-May-16 08:51:44

I had laser for spider veins and it didn't really work but then tried electrolysis and after just one treatment, they're 75% better. One more go and I reckon I'll be done. Seriously though, the pain was horrendous. Laser is bad enough but this is worse.

BusStopBetty Sun 29-May-16 09:02:46

Grr, it's all bloody laser, I can't find a clinic that offers electrolysis.

Truckingalong Sun 29-May-16 10:11:05

Yeah, it's not as common. I fell on it by chance.

BelloBrianBadonde Sun 29-May-16 10:16:43

Where did everyone go to get this done? I have a tiny one on my nose that I'm feeling very fed up with.

teta Sun 29-May-16 11:08:54

I've had IPL done before many years ago and it worked brilliantly.Electrolysis did nothing and seemed to make it worse.I had it done by a properly qualified dermatologist.Which I would recommend for everyone.A lot of beauty salons advertise this and don't have the right equipment or expertise.
Mine came back after about 10 years so I need to have them redone soon.Ipl does feel like an elastic band being flicked onto your skin a bbt, but it's not really painful as such.

wowfudge Sun 29-May-16 19:33:51

Thanks everyone - all helpful!

Truckingalong Mon 30-May-16 09:06:56

Ps, the other name for the treatment is telangiectasia.

wowfudge Wed 01-Jun-16 18:25:12

Thanks - I'll probably stick to saying thread vein treatment!

HeirOfNothingInParticular Fri 29-Jul-16 19:00:50

I've just had some electrolysis done. Very pleased, almost instant results but can't put anything on face or even get it wet for 2 whole days. If your in Greater Manchester/Cheshire/Mersey area, pm me and happy to share details.

Destinysdaughter Fri 29-Jul-16 19:25:53

This is in the West Midlabds. I haven't had it myself as can't afford it right now but am going to have a free consultation with them soon and discuss it. They have good reviews.

www.apsaras.co.uk/vein-wave/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now