Talk

Advanced search

All the bras. How many bras do you have?

(27 Posts)
Rpj16 Wed 25-May-16 21:41:37

I have 4.
2 push up, 2 balcony. And I wash them on hand wash cycle (with other 'delicates') every couple of wears.

4 bras.

Imfinehowareyou Wed 25-May-16 22:13:21

5. 4 normal bras ( 2 are a bit prettier) and one very manky sports bra. Like you washed every 2 wears (but after they have all been worn twice). I need more!

Scrowy Wed 25-May-16 22:14:43

That fit...2

That don't fit....eleventy billion about 10

DramaAlpaca Wed 25-May-16 22:16:57

Ermm, at the last count I had over 30 blush

I have bras for all outfits and occasions, in different shapes & styles, and lots of colours from white & nude to brights.

Out of all that lot, there are probably only 5 or 6 plus a sports bra that I wear regularly.

Rpj16 Wed 25-May-16 22:20:40

omg. I had loads that didn't fit. My maternity bras were very manky, so went to M&S - against mnet advice that they are evil, and got new ones (which tbf feel awesome!) and did a big cull of the old non-fitting manky ones.

I didn't include my sports bras. Have 2 of them. Do they count?

drama I am missing white and nude bras.. mine are 2 black, one bright pink and one mauve - sexy haha

AdoraKiora Wed 25-May-16 22:23:25

4 slightly padded push ups
4 tee shirt bras
2 bralets
a sports bra
a comfy night time / PMT bra
a strapless bra

I'm not into bras as fashion, just practical to me.

n0ne Wed 25-May-16 22:31:18

2 black, 2 nude with straps, 1 nude strapless, 1 olive green, 1 brown, 1 grey. But after the bra intervention thread I'm gonna have to replace them all as they're the wrong size!!

JimmyGreavesMoustache Wed 25-May-16 22:33:53

4 A-grade bras
3 B-grade

IMO they go from A-grade to B-grade over about 6 months. After that the elastic is never the same.

Imfinehowareyou Wed 25-May-16 22:35:21

Scrowy we were just asked about bras we owned...not did they fit us grin If that's the case then I have 0!!! My 5 bras are all too small.

soundsystem Wed 25-May-16 22:37:15

I've currently got 3 decent ones that fit and two really comfy sports bras for when I don't need to leave the house.

Then a vast array of different sized bras accumulated when pregnant. Just got back to normal pre-pregnancy sized boobs and found out I'm pregnant again, so at least they'll all get some more wear!

NickMarlow Wed 25-May-16 22:40:37

2 that actually fit. 6 nursing bras in 3 different sizes. A couple of maternity bras. And my prepregnancy bras which am pretending I will be able to fit back into one day. I should really just accept reality and buy some more...

That1950sMum Wed 25-May-16 22:40:51

2 bras. One black, one white.

Rpj16 Wed 25-May-16 22:48:36

Talking about bras that didn't fit. I had 2 nursing bras in the early days of motherhood. I'm a 32dd usually, and am back to that now, but these bras were 34F to accommodate oversupply and mastitis. It is ridiculous how much boobs change! I'm loving my floppy deflated bags now though. Much easier to mould into bras, and less sensitive.

Just chuck ones that don't fit.. its liberating. Also throw away those knickers you've had since you were 14 and that have stretched over the years to fit.

Rpj16 Wed 25-May-16 22:49:35

Congrats soundsystem!!

princessmi12 Wed 25-May-16 22:50:48

Around 30 ...

eightbluebirds Wed 25-May-16 22:51:23

About 3 that fit, 7 in total. All unpadded but underwired. My boobs don't work with padded bras for some reason.

Cineraria Wed 25-May-16 22:53:04

I have four proper bras in my current size. They are all the same style (Curvy Kate Tease or Ritzy) but different colours. I am breastfeeding currently and have only adapted two for feeding so far, so I can't wear the others until I do the same with them.

I soak them and wash them both in the evening whilst wearing a sleep bra and then dry them overnight

Justdontaskhowiam Wed 25-May-16 22:55:26

I had one fitted in John lewis. She cut my old one in two (cos it was so ill fitting) then had to stand in line with me til I paid as obvs I couldn't take the new one off. I have 2 that fit, plus a sports bra and 6 that are too small. ..

KnickerBockerGlooooory Wed 25-May-16 22:56:01

Ooh probably 8-10 including 2 sports but I do need some new ones - I like coloured ones for the summer as I feel less bothered then about straps showing.

KnickerBockerGlooooory Wed 25-May-16 22:56:50

Impressed with those that soak/hand wash!

hollinhurst84 Wed 25-May-16 23:06:06

About 30. Hand wash them until the 6 month guarantee is over grin
Sports bras get machine washed as no wire

hollieberrie Wed 25-May-16 23:14:19

Ooh loving the bra chat. I am very flat chested.
I have 6 bras:
- 3 pull over, unpadded ones.
- 2 pull over ones with padding.
- 1 soft clasp one, non wired.
They are purely for "decency at work" purposes. I absolutely never wear one at the weekend. I prefer to let it all hang naturally grin

FaithAscending Wed 25-May-16 23:29:15

Hmm lots. I have maybe 6 sets (I like matching undies) that are pretty, mostly undersides without padding. I have two boring ones (flesh coloured and white) that I have for work (wear a white tunic) and two sports bras. Probably 10 in total.

Sheezus Wed 25-May-16 23:36:22

Oh Christ, I'd hazard a guess at 50-60.
The majority have matching knickers but I do admit to wearing maybe 6 of the same (bras) in rotation during the week with 3 sports bras thrown in depending on what I'm doing that day.

UntilTheCowsComeHome Wed 25-May-16 23:42:54

That fit, 1. blush A plain and boring black Tshirt bra.

I keep meaning to get some more now I know what my true size is but they're bloody expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now