Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Botox, fillers or wrinkle cream (pic included)

(36 Posts)
2snugglets Tue 24-May-16 16:26:38

I've got really deep lines in between my brows and forehead. I'm 33 and I guess frown a lot confused
I'm just wanting advise on weather there is a wrinkle cream/ polyfiller type thing that would work or is Botox/ dermal fthe only thing that can help. Would really appreciate your views.

nanetterose Tue 24-May-16 16:37:13

I think you should start with rosehip oil. You are way too young & pretty to start trying anything like botox. An anti aging cream is not going to do much else either.
Rosehip has been proven to work.

2snugglets Tue 24-May-16 17:46:34

Thank you, I will definitely give that a try

ggirl Tue 24-May-16 17:50:35

I would get a retina a cream , i used on my 11's and it really helped.

AgathaF Tue 24-May-16 18:35:01

At 33 I'd give the oil already suggested a go. Other than that though, botox would be the one to sort it.

prettywhiteguitar Tue 24-May-16 20:32:26

Botox ! creams will prevent dehydration and improve the look but I haven't had success with deep wrinkles.

Retin A has helped the texture of my skin but hasn't helped wrinkles yet, I have only been using it for 6 weeks though !! If you have any joy with rose hip oil please post on here

rightknockered Tue 24-May-16 20:50:38

I was beginning to get quite sever 11 earlier this year. Mine have almost diminished with a combination of Retin A, glycolic acid, and Neal's Yard Frankincense serum. I'm 45. Don't need botox now.
(Unless my eyesight is fading and I'm deluded)

prettywhiteguitar Tue 24-May-16 21:31:47

Ooh can you share your routine and specific products please rightknockered ? I'm using retin a but I'm not sure if I'm using it enough. I'm also worried about it making my pigmentation worse in the sunshine we 're having. I'm wearing factor 50 and I got my moustache back this week !

JohnCheese Tue 24-May-16 22:13:40

Botox. Nothing else will rid you of these lines. They are dynamic lines, and all the retin a in the world won't do it.

The good news is, if you start Botox now, it will prevent the lines deepening. The bad news is, it is an expensive habit and you are only 333, so quite a lot of years to go.

What about a fringe?

JohnCheese Tue 24-May-16 22:15:22

Oh Christ. You're clearly not 333!! Attack of the yips.

MrsLettuce Tue 24-May-16 22:20:07

When did you last have your eyes tested?

I got 'bad' 11s really quite quickly at the same age and just put down to having 2 under 2, lack of sleep, stress and ageing. Turns out it was largely 'cause I squinting (and frowning) to focus. Now (am 38) they are quite a lot better than they were then, I've just worn glasses and carried on moisturising as normal.

shirkingworking Tue 24-May-16 22:40:52

Prettywhiteguitar - wear a proper big hat and stay out of the sun! Even with factor 50 on. And is it mineral based? You need a physical block - even visible light can make melasma worse...!

shirkingworking Tue 24-May-16 22:43:17

2snuglets - those aren't bad 11s! But do get your eyes tested - great thinking. Botox would fix them though if the retin a/rose hip oil doesn't help. just don't get other areas done and go to a proper doctor. (Agree you are v pretty and young looking! Enjoy it and don't worry about the odd line!)

2snugglets Wed 25-May-16 01:00:31

Thanks for all the comments, I've got some rose hip oil coming tomorrow. Also I've asked my mum for some Botox for my birthday and she's told me to book it and she'll come with me, she wants some aswell! Also great advise about glasses, I had a bad squint/ lazy eye as a child and wonder if it's starting to catch up with me so that will book an optician appointment tomorrow.

RonaldMcDonald Wed 25-May-16 01:14:14

I'd reinforce the Botox route for above eyebrow dynamic lines

Oil and retin a May have a place in your regime but nothing works on 11s like botox

prettywhiteguitar Wed 25-May-16 06:27:08

shirkingworking thank you, I was just reading the melasma thread so I think I will get the physical block suggested on there. And a hat ! Thing is my looks better when I have a tan so it's tough keeping up with being pale

Floisme Wed 25-May-16 06:52:20

Your lines don't look deep. They look perfectly normal.

ImBrian Thu 26-May-16 08:28:18

I had Botox and I love it.

ImBrian Thu 26-May-16 08:29:22

11s

Truckingalong Fri 27-May-16 07:08:27

Botox. Save your money on lotions and potions cos they simply don't work.

Branleuse Fri 27-May-16 07:14:19

if they really bother you then botox. I dont think theyre that bad though.

notthestereotype1 Fri 27-May-16 11:51:56

I've read a lot that Botox can make things worse in the long run. I'm honestly not having a go! Each to their own and all that, but don't you always end up looking a bit....plastic? Doesn't it freak anyone out that you can't show your intended expression?

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 27-May-16 12:08:23

Hmmm. I can understand people getting botox if they have really prominent frown lines when their face is resting but in the case of the pictures above ^^ surely those lines is what naturally happens to the face when we raise our eyebrows or furrow our eyebrows together? Even kids have those lines.

I think immobile faces look odd.

MitzyLeFrouf Fri 27-May-16 12:09:13

But yeah OP, the first thing you should do is go for an eye test.

LazyCake Fri 27-May-16 14:19:56

As well as getting your eyes tested, it might be worth making sure you are always wearing sunglasses when it's a bright day. I think squinting into the sun can make these sorts of lines worse.

I'm also 33 and getting 11 lines. As well as the rosehip oil and retin A, I'm going to have a go with facial exercises. Only done it a few times so far, but it does seem to make you more aware of the muscles there, so you notice when you are frowning and can stop!

Have also heard good things about Frownies (the paper patches you stick on overnight), but haven't tried them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now