Talk

Advanced search

Pixi glow tonic

(4 Posts)
Seriouslylighthearted Tue 24-May-16 13:43:40

So I finally succumbed to buying pixi glow tonic after months of umming and ahhing. I use liquid gold which I'm happy with.

Anyway I used it and my face came up in a massive red rash with loads of spots. I returned it to M&S who refunded me.

I then had a wander around to see what else I could get when a Pixi representative from their London store happened to turn up in the store.

I had a chat with her about my reaction and she looked genuinely surprised when I told her about my reaction and said she'd never heard of this happening before. I though to myself well you've never been on Mumsnet then.

Anyway I decided to give it another go after chatting to her and amazingly this time with another bottle, no side effects whatsoever and it has had a the brilliant effect I was hoping on my skin. Very strange but I just wanted to mention it in case you'd also had a bad reaction and wanted to give it one more go.

Seriouslylighthearted Tue 24-May-16 13:45:48

Just don't use any products after using it that you've never tried before. I think this might have been my mistake last time or it was possibly a dud batch.

coleus Tue 24-May-16 14:00:13

I'm so pleased you shared this. I bought Pixi at the same time as a Laura Geller powder foundation and started a new sunscreen too.

Something gave me red hard lumps on my chin and I thought it would be Pixi but I too used to use Liquid Gold so it shouldn't be a glycolic reaction.

So......Laura geller and dodgy gritty, grainy sunscreen I'm looking at you two now!

Seriouslylighthearted Tue 24-May-16 14:32:11

It may also be that using products in combination cause a reaction which on their own are perfectly fine.

The lady from pixi glow did say if I got a reaction a second time then to contact the main shop in London to let them know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now