Talk

Advanced search

I so fed up with sheer tights

(6 Posts)
Lucydogz Mon 23-May-16 18:06:17

I've emerged from wearing woolly tights, but have to wear something, so I'm buying sheer tights. Time and time again. I bought 2 pairs for £6 in Boots today. I put my hand through the first pair when I was putting them on. From experience, I know that the 2nd pair will snag when I take them off tonight and will have to go in the bin.
Am I the only person who has this trouble, or are there sheer tights our there that last more than one wear?

Lucydogz Mon 23-May-16 18:06:41

sorry - the title should be 'I am...'

GlassCircles Mon 23-May-16 18:13:25

Someone will be along to suggest a £50 quid pair of Falkes or something, but my suggestion would be to wear something else altogether. If we all stop buying them the hideous impractical garments will cease to exist!

MrsLettuce Mon 23-May-16 19:37:54

Are you cold without them? I'd not bother TBH. That said, there was a thread recently about cheap, durable tights but I don't remember what the recommendations were [helpful]

Micronets at £££££££ a pair a supposed to last very well.

People do often use cotton gloves for taking thin tights on and off, but obviously that adds to the faff.

PrincessPlod Mon 23-May-16 19:41:17

I always ladder or snag sheer tights, bloody hate them! I think gloves are the only way forward.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Mon 23-May-16 19:41:23

I go from thick black tights, via trousers and socks, to bare legs. I haven't worn sheer tights for years. Can't stand the things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now