Talk

Advanced search

Home remedies or products to get rid of melasma

(5 Posts)
Janefromuptheshops Mon 23-May-16 09:08:36

It's got awful since DD was born. I look like I've got dirty skin all around my mouth and a big patch on my cheek.

Already us SPF everyday but need something to shift it.

Any one have anything that's worked?

coleus Mon 23-May-16 09:20:06

I'm not sure if this will help but have a look at this www.carolinehirons.com/2015/06/dr-sam-on-pigmentation-melasma-and-acne.html

shirkingworking Mon 23-May-16 09:29:51

Hi - how old is DD? Definitely definitely make sure you apply sun cream regularly (every 2 hours on sunny days...). It's a total pain. Had it for 10 years, tried loads of things that didn't work (spent a fortune) and now in prescription strength creams from dr Sam - too early to tell if it's working yet.

LazyCake Mon 23-May-16 17:58:17

I've been googling this like crazy recently - developed a horrible greyish mouth/chin and a brown stripe across my forehead a few months ago due to illness.

Here's what's gradually working for me (it’s all super-cheap as I am on a tight budget).

- Supplementing with zinc and vitamin C tablets.
- Exfoliating daily with a facial brush.
- Applying rosehip oil and a generic zinc oxide and castor oil cream before bed.
- Rosehip oil, Spf 50 in the mornings, then using a (very) little sudocrem as a primer under foundation.
- Wearing a hat everytime the sun peeps out from behind a cloud!

Hope you find something that works for you. Melasma is horrible!

shirkingworking Mon 23-May-16 18:14:19

Yes - the hat is a must too. Sooo dull! Be careful using an exfoliating brush if you are using any retinol or exfoliating lotions and it might damage the skin a bit and cause more pigmentation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now