Talk

Advanced search

Is ther anything worth buying from Avon these days?

(11 Posts)
BabyTheCaveLion Sun 22-May-16 19:43:27

Just that really. Had a catalogue through the door for the first time in forever and wondered if I'm missing out on anything.

IWannaHoldYourHand Sun 22-May-16 20:58:19

People are going to tell you not to bother because they moved into the Chinese market and so now test on animals. But...

The glimmer sticks are lovely, and are soft enough to be used as an upper eye lid liner.

Watto1 Sun 22-May-16 21:00:37

The sun cream is lovely and on 3 for £11 in the current book. I rarely use anything else as it is just as good as the more expensive brands and excellent value.

heelsonwheels Sun 22-May-16 21:22:57

Their dry shampoo sprays are the best - by a wide mile

SugarMiceInTheRain Sun 22-May-16 21:24:23

I like their eyeliners which are always on point, and the spray in a pink bottle that makes your hair look shiny.

Wolfiefan Sun 22-May-16 21:25:11

Skin so soft spray doubles as an insect repellant!
Gel nail polishes and flecked polishes.

MrsMoggy Sun 22-May-16 21:29:41

Nail buffer, super shock mascara, ideal flawless liquid foundation, ideal cream to powder foundation, handbags and other accessories/clothes

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 22-May-16 21:43:42

Do Avon do the testing or is it the Chinese distributers?
All these companies who have prided themselves in their ethics suddenly changing tack to sell in China.
Is the stock they sell to UK and Europe non tested?

I haven't bought Avon since about 1993 so no help (it was a Glimmerstick in Saturn Grey)

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Sun 22-May-16 21:45:28

Gel nail varnish is incredible.

SandunesAndRainclouds Sun 22-May-16 21:45:31

Another Glimmerstick vote. Love them.

BabyTheCaveLion Sun 22-May-16 21:50:38

Thanks guys - I seem to remember something about the SAS using Avon stuff as an insect repellant..! Might have to try it out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now