Anyone seen sun visors for babies (18 month old)?

(7 Posts)
sweetmelody Sun 22-May-16 14:17:15

I've been in all the usual suspects and not found anything. My daughter wears her hair in high bunches and am not sure a regular sun hat will work

Thanks in advance

specialsubject Sun 22-May-16 14:38:40

Change her hairstyle? She needs a proper hat which also covers her neck.

SoftSheen Sun 22-May-16 14:46:51

Agreed- she needs a proper sun hat which covers the top of her head and the back of her neck. An 18 month old doesn't need a hairstyle, certainly not one that is prioritised over keeping her safe in the sun!

sweetmelody Sun 22-May-16 16:03:23

Er yes my 18 month old DOES need a hairstyle. She is black, has Afri hair and if she doesn't have a hairstyle, her will get very knotty and will be very difficult to maintain. It is not a fashion statement so please do not make assumptions about me <rolls eyes>. She will be slathered in sun cream, we generally keep her out of the sun and we are lucky enough to be less likely to burn (but yes of course I know we can). So I think the only solution will be trying to find a hat with an extra large crown that will protect her and (if I'm allowed to say) won't look ridiculously big on her.

sweetmelody Sun 22-May-16 16:04:47

* Afro

specialsubject Sun 22-May-16 16:06:38

Who cares if she has too big a hat?

Bloody obvious so!ution which you were previously refusing.hence the assumptions. We didn't assume you were quite so touchy.

SoftSheen Sun 22-May-16 22:49:35

Lots of small children (with all different types of hair) need their hair tied back, but I don't really see why the bunches can't be placed a bit lower down.

Or, as pp suggested... just buy a bigger size hat! Maybe age 3-4 instead of age 1-2? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now