What is teenage DD's bra size?

(15 Posts)
chicaguapa Sun 22-May-16 14:13:05

I know I'm supposed to get DD measured but she's long-term sick and can't go out to the shops, not least to be measured by a complete stranger.

She's currently wearing 32B which is now too small in the cup, but ok around the ribcage. I've measured her with a tape measure (wearing too small bra) and she's approx. 31in around the frame and approx 34in around the bust (should probably be a bit more as they're a bit squashed in).

Looking at the online calculators where you add 4 for the frame size and then work out the cup, they say 36B. The M&S calculator says 34C. I have no idea!

Can anyone help please?

Can anyone suggest what size to order her please? I'm doing an online order from the Angel range at M&S so can choose a few sizes, but don't want to order every size!

AnguaResurgam Sun 22-May-16 14:14:56

It sounds like she's a 32 but needs a larger cup size.

Can you measure her round the fullest part of her bust when she is not wearing a bra and when she is leaning forwards?

NickNacks Sun 22-May-16 14:15:08

No adding inches on anymore! Measure without a bra on and cup measurement should be done leaning over at the fullest part of the bust.

ZaZathecat Sun 22-May-16 15:24:13

Sounds like either a 32D or a 30DD/E

dementedpixie Sun 22-May-16 15:34:04

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html - measure according to this (minus the bra) and do not add inches to the under bust measurement

dementedpixie Sun 22-May-16 15:35:33

She will probably need a 30 or 32 back size but need a bigger cup size. How big depends on the over bust measurement

chicaguapa Sun 22-May-16 16:57:58

Thanks all. I've gone with 32C as she's not big enough to be a D cup.

That link on measuring is good. I get my bras from Bravissimo so I knew the old method wasn't any good, I just wondered if M&S still sized for it.

flowers

dementedpixie Sun 22-May-16 17:00:03

How do you know she isn't big enough for a D cup? It only means a 4 inch difference between the under and over bust measurement. Hope it fits ok anyway

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 22-May-16 17:12:16

I'm a DD cup, DD is teeny.

teapleasebob1 Mon 23-May-16 06:53:31

she's not big enough to be a D cup.

angry

This really makes me upset. Why are you making an arbitrary decision like this? A D cup on a 30 or 32 inch band is really small. Why post asking for advice if you then decide you know better after all? Don't set your daughter up for a lifetime of wearing uncomfortable bras that don't fit all because you have an issue with a teen being in "a D cup". Do you even know that the volume of a D cup changes according to the band size?

angry

bigTillyMint Mon 23-May-16 06:57:58

If she cannot be measured, can I suggest you buy/order a selection of 30D/DD/E and 32C/D/E bras for her to try and see which is the most comfortable and then return the rest? And different styles sometimes mean different cup-sizes. Plus she may still be growing - what you thought fitted could have changed.

chicaguapa Mon 23-May-16 07:29:57

Tbh not being able to take DD to the shops to buy her second bra is hard enough as it's another reminder of how difficult life is at the moment. But I hope you get over your anger teaplease. hmm

The range I'm looking at only goes up to 32C as DD doesn't want moulded or underworld (or a granny style). I'm a 32E, measured at Bravissimo. I'd say there's a massive difference in volume between us. I'm happy to order the biggest size they do and try them on for size.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 23-May-16 08:16:02

look at different range? There are bras out there without moulding or underwire, that go bigger than c as well.
You won't get an accurate result if you measure her with too small bra on.

DownstairsMixUp Mon 23-May-16 08:21:30

I dont think she would be a c either. I remember when i was a teenager i had a 26 back size and 30 round the cup and got put in a 30D for years. Was not supportive. Have you tried brastop.com? A D cup is really quite small. ☺

Fairylea Mon 23-May-16 08:23:35

Next do unwired unpadded bras in a 32 right up to a G cup. Don't stick to one range if they only go up to a C! If she is measuring as a D then shop around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now