Packing for a festival recommendations please especially footwear

(15 Posts)
EachandEveryone Sat 21-May-16 18:34:14

Glasto has got very stylish over the years. I hate that fringed festival look but don't want too old fogeyish. Anyone seen anything light to pack then can turn from day to night? I'm struggling with footwear bearing in mind feet can't be too exposed to the lurgy that hangs around the loos.

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sat 21-May-16 18:35:18

Some trainers that you don't mind getting muddy and some sandals.

MrsLettuce Sat 21-May-16 18:37:17

First and foremost, wellies. Plenty of thick socks to wear with them.

If you want to throw money at the thing the some of the Melissa shoes might be a good plan.

MrsLettuce Sat 21-May-16 18:42:23

here Is handy if things can be given a quick wash under a tap without being ruined.

EachandEveryone Sat 21-May-16 18:53:49

Those shoes won't do my bunions any favours but they are very gorgeous

Cakescakescakes Sat 21-May-16 18:57:19

As a festival veteran I say wellies all the way. Fine with shorts or dresses if you like and essential for wet weather, toilets etc. I always have a chuckle at people negotiating the vomit/mud/toilets in a pair of sandals or canvas shoes or something.

herecomesthsun Sat 21-May-16 19:02:49

these?

MakeTeaNotWar Sat 21-May-16 19:03:51

I wear battered old trainers & wellies. Don't give a monkeys about looking good, it'll all be covered up with a poncho & waterproof trousers

slug Sat 21-May-16 19:18:48

You can't go wrong with a trusty pair of Docs

mrsclooneytoyou Sat 21-May-16 19:29:05

Wellies,trainers,flip flops for the tent

MrsLettuce Sat 21-May-16 19:39:21

Proper wellies really are the thing, even if it's hot. Mens ones tend to be cheaper, more comfy and better quality/price ratio, but that's no use if your a size 3 or something.

If you really must have shoes, crocs do some along the lines of the melissa ones. They aren't as lovely but some of them are acceptable and they're more foot shaped.

ipswichwitch Sat 21-May-16 19:48:18

Wellies, definitely. Even if it doesn't rain and isn't muddy, the toilet floors are so grim even the though of wearing sandals makes me feel sick envy <- sick face

DeathMetalMum Sat 21-May-16 19:56:00

Yes to wellies or an old pair of trainers you want to throw in the bin as you leave. If it's not wet it will be dusty by the end festival in my experience so I wouldn't even bother with sandals, if you don't want rotten feet.

Either that or something like Docs or new rocks a good sturdy boot to wear the while weekend.

tigerdriverII Sat 21-May-16 21:04:17

I wear Dubarrys. But then I wear them all the time. Look good with dresses.

EachandEveryone Sat 21-May-16 21:26:47

Goodness they are £200 I dont think the Glasto environment will be good for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now