Talk

Advanced search

Hitting the beach - help me feel more confident!

(7 Posts)
Cherry321 Sat 21-May-16 13:36:45

Going on beach holiday soon and havent lost the weight that I'd like to have lost. So Im considering some sort of suck me in type swimwear. Is this wise? Or will I feel like a trussed chicken? grin

Inaddition to a bit of fake tan and a good manicure / pedicure, what else can I do to look better and feel better?

Please dont advise digging a hole and trench in the sand to stick my bum and substantial thighs in! grin

Marylou2 Sat 21-May-16 14:00:52

Unless you're going on holiday with a group of 19 year old models everyone else will be in the grip of beach anxiety too. Buy a bra sized swimsuit or bikini that suits you and a fab cover up. When you get there grab a cocktail and enjoy. Don't forget some fabulous sunglasses and a bright lipstick. Have fun!!

Behooven Sat 21-May-16 14:05:16

Ugh, don't buy one of those ruched tight cozzies, they aren't comfortable in the heat and don't make a whit of difference to how you look. High waist bikini bottoms with a longline triangle halter bikini gives coverage and is flattering without adding loads of extra material.

louloubelle2 Sat 21-May-16 14:10:30

Will it give you more confidence to know that almost all the women on the beach will have NORMAL female bodies too, same as you? You know, the ones with stretch marks and wobbly bits, and post-pregnancy tummies, cellulite, thread veins..REAL BODIES, not some stupid media contrived version.

Don't get a swim suit, most women will be in bikinis, just try lots of styles on to find the right one for your body shape, and a lovely cover up, flip flops etc like PP said.

Be careful with fake tan unless you're an expert, it can streak badly once you start slapping on the sun cream and get all sweaty, and that really will make you feel rubbish. Manicure and pedicure good idea though.

Have a lovely time, am very jealous.

Cherry321 Sat 21-May-16 15:42:49

Thanks everyone! Will focus on getting some nice accessories and a big cocktail wink

christinarossetti Sat 21-May-16 15:44:29

Get a bikini. Women of all shapes and sizes will be wearing them.

Add a pretty sarong/cover up type thing, shady hat, shades and a long, cool drink and you'll be sorted.

VioletBam Sat 21-May-16 15:46:15

I live in Australia and I'm 43 and not fit. Unless you're swimming, you don't need to parade around in a suit!

Wear shorts and a nice top. I do....if you want to swim, just do it....people are mostly concerned with how THEY look and not how other people look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now