Talk

Advanced search

Help me, hair appointment and o don't know what to go for!

(15 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Fri 20-May-16 11:17:03

I'm having my hair cut this afternoon, I know I want it shorter and I know I want a fringe (giant forehead!)
Here's a picture of me, I'm stuck under the baby so forgive the awful shot.
What do you think?

I'll put some pics of hair I like too so you can see where I'm currently at in my thought process.

Don't laugh I'm awful at this! blush

Also excuse the colour i went right pink at Christmas and it's left me with an orange/pinky ombré, ongoing back to my natural dark brown colour.

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 20-May-16 11:17:55

Hair I like.

iwillbemrsminty Fri 20-May-16 11:26:22

Watching with interest! You have lovely eyes smile and I don't think your forehead is that big, mine is bigger, much bigger! But it's the reason I have a fringe. How long is your hair at the back, do you want it short?

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 20-May-16 11:35:58

When dry it's about 4 inches below my shoulders and mega thick.

I usually wear glasses.

I usually go once a year and have a layered Bob right up to my hair line with a heavy fringe and then it all grows back and I go again... I have anxiety issues with pampering and the salon is not a comfortable place for me!

I always fancy something different and then bottle it and get the same thing.

Long hair irritates me so I shove
It into a messy bun so that's why I go short.

YokoUhOh Fri 20-May-16 11:36:06

The 'hair I like' pics mostly have very highlighted/bleached hair - this probably gives the cuts a different 'texture' to dark brown. You might want to ask the hairdresser of those cuts will work with your preferred colour.

YokoUhOh Fri 20-May-16 11:36:20

*if

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 20-May-16 15:08:10

Desperate bump? .... Before I come out with the same hairstyle I've had for s decade! blush

ShmooBooMoo Fri 20-May-16 15:23:40

I think you'd suit something like this cut:

www.short-haircut.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/short-to-medium-bob-hair-cuts.jpg

Titsalinabumsquash Fri 20-May-16 15:26:32

Thanks smile

ShmooBooMoo Fri 20-May-16 15:26:57

This is also a nice cut:
creativefan.com/important/cf/2013/04/easy-short-hairstyles/short-easy-new-hair.jpg

ShmooBooMoo Fri 20-May-16 15:28:00

Also, I think rather than a blunt fringe, a sideswept longish fringe would be more flattering on you. You have gorgeous eyes, btw!

ShmooBooMoo Fri 20-May-16 15:30:49

I think both of the above cuts would make the most of your eyes.

Maverick66 Fri 20-May-16 15:35:24

Love the style Shoomoo posted. I think you have great eyes and lips and this style would accentuate both these features.

Maverick66 Fri 20-May-16 15:36:11

Meant to say the first pic blush

FinallyHere Fri 20-May-16 16:19:16

Hi, i share your pain about hating the whole atmosphere of the hairdressing salon. I now have someone come to me, is that something that might work for you?

With her help, I have now worked out what works with my hair, given its natural characteristics but just as importantly, how much time i am prepared to spend on styling etc. Since for me, that is absolutely no time at all, i now have the style that i get when i wash it and leave it. And its not too bad. I also have it cut and coloured once every four week (i know....) so that it always looks pretty good.

Given i do nothing, it gets lots of compliments and is really 'me'.

While its good to look for pictures of how you would like it to look, it may also be helpful to find someone who is interested in you and the sort of style that will work for you. Hope you find what you are looking for. Congratulations on your lovely baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now