Talk

Advanced search

Tan Lines on my 5 year old

(3 Posts)
Butterfly81 Thu 19-May-16 22:11:46

Ok, so I think I didn't apply suncream enough times on our holiday in hindsight (it was 50+ factor) or maybe the cream was not that effective as it wasn't a new bottle or we just stayed out and enjoyed the sun for a long time but my daughter has v contrasting tan lines from wearing her swimming costume. Do I need to worry about anything, will it fade/blend etc. Her bum area etc are stark white and the rest is actually nice golden colour. But she looks like a zebra. I tanned but have been exfoliating as normal and am suffering from peeling so obv old skin is wearing away. But she is not suffering from any of that. Any advice? Do I just wait it out? Have I damaged her skin? Do I use anything? We were in a climate of 35C+ so we were out for two weeks so we caught the sun for longer than we normally do. Sorry if I am being silly but obviously I can use products to get my skin ship shape but her skin is more delicate. She isn't peeling or anything so not sure if that is good or bad.

PrincessHairyMclary Thu 19-May-16 22:15:25

You do tan with sun cream on, it often just takes longer to come out and shouldn't be burnt or peeling.

If you spend a lot of time outdoors or in a hot country you can buy SPF clothing as well

Butterfly81 Thu 19-May-16 22:25:49

Thanks, it was just this two week holiday as we spent alot of time outside when the sun was out...we have never tanned so much but I didn't wear a cossie (I forgot to take mine and couldn't buy one out there) so I was more covered but her bum area and bottom back area looks like a different race!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now