Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to Wimbledon?

(11 Posts)
schmalex Thu 19-May-16 15:26:13

I have never been before and DH has treated us to tickets this year. Now I am having a panic about what to wear. My normal look is slobby SAHM. Help me please!

mouldycheesefan Thu 19-May-16 15:32:08

Comfy shoes.
Clothes that are cool,and you won't overheat in of your seat is in the sun
Jumper in case is chilly
Mac
Sunhat
Sunglasses
So basically covered for all weather eventualities

DameXanaduBramble Thu 19-May-16 15:39:34

Unless you're a debenture holder then it's very casual, yes to comfy shoes, you'll need a jacket or wrap, umbrella, hopefully a sun hat!

almightygirl Thu 19-May-16 15:40:47

If the weather looks good, I usually wear linen trousers, fitted top, scarf/wrap, sandals. I take a jacket & small umbrella in my bag, along with water & sunglasses.

Hope that helps. Enjoy! I'm a bit jealous as I'm not going this year sad

schmalex Thu 19-May-16 15:41:09

Hi dame, yes it is a debenture. Does that mean I need to be dressy?

magicboy79 Thu 19-May-16 15:46:54

Oh you will have a great time, you are so lucky! We went a few years ago and it was a great day out. I just wore beige cut off trousers and a light blue shirt and had a rain coat with me but it was lovely and sunny, I'd definitely recommend a hat of some sort as I ended up getting my face burnt. It's fairly casual and a long day so just make sure you are comfortable, enjoy!!!!grin

Ilovewillow Thu 19-May-16 15:59:27

We went with debenture tickets and corporate hospitality and I work white linen trousers, fitted top and jacket with wedges! I took umbrella, sunglasses and a pashmina (if they play late it can get a bit cold)!

Very jealous it was amazing- have a great time!

Canters15 Thu 19-May-16 18:30:38

I went last year, it was a scorching hot day (men's semis), I wore a smart summery dress with some ballet flats. Took a cardigan in case it got cold but I didn't need it. I don't think I really clocked what anyone else was wearing, husband was in jeans and a shirt so not super formal. I had a fab time and drank a truck load of champagne, enjoy it!

DameXanaduBramble Fri 20-May-16 03:25:26

Ooh you lucky ducky! Yes, slightly smarter, prob not jeans for example. As mentioned, linen trousers etc would be great. Have a wonderful day!

schmalex Fri 20-May-16 19:26:53

Great advice, thank you all. I will make sure to slap on the factor 50, bring a mac and a hat. I don't have linen trousers so I think I will wear a smartish dress and jacket with flats.
Looking forward to the truckloads of champagne!

user1466697572 Thu 23-Jun-16 17:06:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now