Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argh - pls style me for a glam trip to Ibiza

(9 Posts)
RattusRattus Thu 19-May-16 13:05:32

Off to Ibiza with DH for a very glam weekend in June. It's a work related event and it's very, very bling and funky. I am neither bling nor funky but would like not to look like Worzel Gummage in amongst the Gliterratti.

I need something to wear on the beach / by the pool. Some dresses to wear in the evenings. Ideally something designer - it's a very fashion conscious group.

I have autumnal colouring. Am 5'3" size 10. Hate my legs. My arms aren't that great either come to think of it.

Budget - anything goes - these are desperate times.

Catinthecorner Thu 19-May-16 13:55:29

Would you wear a bikini or are we talking one piece costume? And do you need support up top or can we look at braless options for dresses/triangle bikini tops?

What is your usual style/would you aspire to? Like three descriptive words if you can't think of a category you particularly fit.

RattusRattus Thu 19-May-16 14:15:26

Could go to a bikini but not a teeny tiny one.

Braless is an option, but no cut outs - am not toned enough to carry that off!

Style? Kate Middleton pretending to be Kylie!

burnishedsilver Thu 19-May-16 14:31:37

You are looking for quite a lot there. Also, autumn colours can be tricky to find in summertime. I think that you sould book yourself in with a personal shopper and hipefully sort the whole lot in one go.

The main piece of advice that I would give is to try not to lose youself and end up dressing like someone else just to fit in.

Youremywifenow Thu 19-May-16 18:30:43

Google images of Jade Jagger for inspiration, that's the Ibiza look

Fizzy500 Thu 19-May-16 19:02:47

Have a look at beachcafe.com and anthropologie

I think it's worth going to a bra shop that sells bikinis and buy one decent one that fits properly.

Fizzy500 Thu 19-May-16 19:11:37

Also, have a look at a brand called seafolly (via selfridges website) they have some really nice 'Ibiza' type cover ups for beach/pool

Nursenat100 Sat 21-May-16 06:18:23

Have a look at a brand called wolf and wake. Lots of very Ibiza esque, glam swimwear, but with some good covered options too.

stealthbanana Sat 21-May-16 06:25:25

There's a brand called Star Mela that does great beach glam bits and pieces. Nice bags and cover ups etc.

One pieces are v in right now so no need to do bikinis if you're not comfortable. I love Jets by Jessika Allen for flattering and stylish one pieces and the bikinis are nice too

www.beachcafe.com/designers/jets-by-jessika-allen.html?p=4

Not cheap but v well made...sometimes you get what you pay for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now