Talk

Advanced search

Nice rose perfume for summer?

(38 Posts)
DingbatsFur Wed 18-May-16 23:07:56

Can anyone suggest a good rose light perfume for summer?
I have a rose/vanilla perfume but it doesn't last. I'm working my way through Origins Ginger but it's very citrusy and I'd rather something new.

Tate15 Thu 19-May-16 05:40:23

Al Rehab fragrance oils.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Thu 19-May-16 06:05:44

Heeley Hippie Rose lasts for days.

Beware though- one squirt too many and you're into hairy biker territory with the patchouli note. (I luffs it though)

YSL Paris has always been my go-to rose fragrance. Never without a bottle for the sheer uplifting rosey roseness of it!

A lot of the soliflore rose fragrances don't last IME.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Thu 19-May-16 06:07:04

Oh, just spotted you said "light". You won't want Hippie Rose then!

I think there is a Paul Smith Rose fragrance?

I just love Paris so much <80s girl> I never bother to try any of the others. The Heeley caught my eye because of the name.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Thu 19-May-16 06:07:43

L'Occitane do a nice one iirc.

RomComPhooey Thu 19-May-16 06:10:16

I don't know if Body Shop are still doing their Atlas Rose range, but I get loads of compliments when I wear the EDT or the matching body butter. It is very light & summery, but properly (authentically) rosey.

MrsLids Thu 19-May-16 06:16:21

Red rose by jo Malone...

DingbatsFur Thu 19-May-16 06:47:43

Ooo lovely! Thanks folks, I'll go sniff a few!

SallyVating Thu 19-May-16 06:56:05

Dolce and gabanna rose the one.

It's lovely and light and smells like roses

MooMinCow Thu 19-May-16 06:57:01

The new body shop British Rose is a lovely light and fresh rose scent (and I normally steer clear of Rose perfumes!)

Dafspunk Thu 19-May-16 07:00:02

Paul Smith Rose is beautiful. I (accidentally) smashed a bottle of it onto my bedroom carpet at the weekend and am so pleased. Home smells like a 5 star hotel. I can't get enough of it!

Optimist1 Thu 19-May-16 07:06:14

Paul Smith Rose is lovely - it's usually a good price on Amazon.

MadisonAvenue Thu 19-May-16 07:12:03

Another recommendation for Paul Smith Rose, it's really lovely.

ShouldHaveListenedInBiology Thu 19-May-16 07:13:34

Balenciaga Florabotanica is lovely and smells a lot of roses. They also have a Rosabotanica which I find too rose-y for me but you might like it.

StrawberrytallCake Thu 19-May-16 07:17:31

Paul Smith Rose - my wedding day fragrance! It's beautiful and lasts all day.

The L'occitane has a special edition rose & violette perfume - it's lovely but I think more expensive and doesn't last as long. They also do just a rose perfume which is nice but still not Paul Smith lovely.

Chloe also do a rose perfume which smells slightly like the original but with a strong overtone of rose. Try that one too!

going to the Balenciaga stand today to feed my habit

goddessofsmallthings Thu 19-May-16 07:22:08

I love smelling of roses in the summer months. smile

For a true rose scent try Paul Smith Rose and Jo Malone's Red Roses.

I also suggest you try Chloe's Roses De Chloe and Dolce & Gabbana's Rose The One, the latter may have been discontinued but can be bought from various internet suppliers.

For evening wear I alternate between Tom Ford's Cafe Rose and Papillon's Tobacco Rose papillonperfumery.co.uk/sample/tobacco-rose/

As rose scents in particular vary considerably on different skin types, allow the fragrance to develop on your skin for several hours before deciding which to buy as some tend to dry down to a boring powdery odour.

Hagothehills Thu 19-May-16 07:25:05

Another vote for Paul Smith rose here too. It's very rosey without being too heavy or sickly, lasts ages, my go to spring / summer perfume. nothing to do with the really useful little drawstring bag it comes in, no, not at all

teta Thu 19-May-16 08:45:10

Pink Rose - Rose perfection by Piguet.
Red Rose - La fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens.
Yellow Rose - Rose d Ete by Rosine.
White Rose - White Rose and Lemon leaves by Jo Loves.Also Un Zeste de Rose by Rosine.
Rose/Violets - Paris by Ysl,Drole de Rose by LArtisan Parfumeur and Lipstick Rose by Malle plus the new L'occitane one.

DeccaMitfordsEntryVisa Thu 19-May-16 08:48:22

I was bought a bottle of Atlas Mountain Rose from The Bodyshop by my daughter, and it is lovely

MrsT2007 Thu 19-May-16 11:46:20

Bit more evening but the Chloe Rose is lovely.

i love the new body shop one too but I'm not allowed it until I finish me L'Occitane cherry blossom!!

littlecupcake Thu 19-May-16 11:52:47

Stella, by Stella McCartney. My favourite perfume, and one that always gets lots of lovely comments.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Thu 19-May-16 11:54:25

I still like Stella.

ThomasHardyPerennial Thu 19-May-16 14:54:01

I really like Liz Earle no.20. Lovely fresh fragrance, with great staying power (on me anyway).

RomComPhooey Thu 19-May-16 19:44:43

Decca - was it a recent purchase? I'm nearly out of it & need to restock.

RomComPhooey Thu 19-May-16 19:52:13

Goddess - are the Papillon perfumes nice? All 4 sound like fragrances I'd be interested in. I am tempted to order samples if all four.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now