Boulder holders

(25 Posts)
FrillyFimbo Wed 18-May-16 13:29:04

Needing some new bras in a - ahem- larger size blush. Anyone purchased Curvy Kate before? Are they worth the money?
TIA

Openmindedmonkey Wed 18-May-16 13:34:41

Yes & yes.
Kept my 42e under control, which can be quite a challenge!

traviata Wed 18-May-16 13:35:34

I just came on to suggest that you ask MN to move this to Style & Beauty - the bra experts hang out there.

never tried Curvy Kate myself but they are often recommended on MN S&B

FrillyFimbo Wed 18-May-16 13:42:45

Thank you. How do I request it to be moved hmm

traviata Wed 18-May-16 16:34:05

just report your own post smile

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 18-May-16 18:48:03

Hi folks - we'll move this one over.

WoodleyPixie Wed 18-May-16 18:51:14

I like curvy Kate. They have narrower wires so push your cleavage forward and less tissue under your armpits.

Use the new method of measuring for best fit. I'm a 36/38 h using the new method

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 18-May-16 18:58:19

Just been and got 4 gorgeous bras in 36 HH from bravissimo they are vavavrooom

StrumpersPlunkett Wed 18-May-16 18:59:57

www.bravissimo.com/m/#products/lingerie/sensational-sets/envy-bra/hot-pink/pn116hpk/ In each colour.

hollinhurst84 Wed 18-May-16 19:31:09

Brastop are a good place to buy online
Cheap and free returns

FrillyFimbo Wed 18-May-16 20:10:53

I'm a comfortable 34G. But what's the new way of measuring?

traviata Wed 18-May-16 22:52:04

this thread has some excellent examples of the 'new way of measuring'

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Wed 18-May-16 23:08:06

My wear in public bras are almost all Curvy Kate or Flirtelle (same cut, but cheaper) now. Do wonders for my saggy 32GGs.

Disagree about narrow wires, though. Mine reach right around under the armpit and scoop everything in unlike, say, Panache, which sort of just sit there at the front and make me look even more lumpy. The straps tend to be a little closer together than other brands, though, so I'm doing less hitching up than I would be otherwise.

FrillyFimbo Thu 19-May-16 20:51:32

Thanks everyone. Think may take the plunge (no pun intended) & order one. Decent bras for larger boobs are so expensive and I've sometimes ended up with something so uncomfortable its unwearable! confused Either that or the upderwiring poke thru after a short time angry ouch.

FrillyFimbo Thu 19-May-16 20:56:40

Just read the new way of measuring thread... Hanging boobs blush that's not gona be pretty grin

I'd also disagree about narrow wires, CK are generally relatively wide.

Underwires regularly poking through is often a sign of poor fit btw

timelytess Thu 19-May-16 21:04:05

The thread title made me think of this she loves her bra

FrillyFimbo Thu 19-May-16 21:07:23

Will def try the afore mentioned measuring and post on the other thread for sizing before buying

Just post here for sizing help - it might get lost in t'other thread! I'm one of the crazy bra brigade

FrillyFimbo Fri 20-May-16 12:41:08

Ok here goes, 34" under boob 44" on fullest bent over hmm - looking forward to your conclusions smile

You're pretty close, measure suggests a start point of a 34GG.

I'm wondering if the shape is off. Are your boobs close together in the middle or wide gapped, are they quite forward on your body or under your arm a lot, do you think you're top heavy or bottom heavy

leedy Fri 20-May-16 13:32:37

I really like the look of Curvy Kate bras but they're a strange fit on me - seem to gape/dig in in odd places. Their Scantilly more "boudoir" (and more expensive) range fits me perfectly though. Go figure. The wires are fairly wide on both, though, speaking as someone whose boobs have been helpfully placed by nature somewhere in the vicinity of my armpits - narrow wires pinch/squash hideously.

Def recommend some of the sites that do outlet/last season's bras like Brastop, Lingerie Outlet Store, Belle Lingerie once you find your preferred size/brand - they're v good value for "proper" lingerie brands.

FrillyFimbo Fri 20-May-16 13:55:24

Only a narrow gap between them, I'd say they are pretty much all up front. As for shape I prob resemble more of a sausage grin

I'd say you're probably not going to get on with most ck then. They tend to be wide and shallow. I have close set front breasts and there's not enough room at the inside edge of most of their cups for me- they kind of force me apart. I also find debenhams gorgeous to not be great.

Some cleo bras work - the marcie and those with the same cut as millie Minnie and lily are good but the juna and maddie are shallow. I also like some bravissimo brands and the panache floris and recently got a flirtelle one which was good - I can't remember the name but it's on brastop and I'll find the link. Freya unlined ones can sometimes work but not the half cups as theyre wide and shallow, and in your size you might like the Freya deco.

FrillyFimbo Fri 20-May-16 14:36:46

Thank you so much! Lots of advice. I've had freya & charnos before with some success. Debs & M&S aren't great at all. Will take a look at your suggestions, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now