Talk

Advanced search

Do you double up?

(8 Posts)
NickiFury Wed 18-May-16 00:06:40

I mean if you find something that you love and really suits you, do you buy two or more of them. I bought a pair of sandals today and they're gorgeous and perfect for me, they don't rub and feel lovely on. I've just gone on line and ordered another pair to keep for when these are worn out because I know I will never found a pair I love as much again - I have literally been searching for sandals like this for twenty years.

Is it hugely extravagant? It feels like it blush

KittensandKnitting Wed 18-May-16 00:15:54

One year I purchased a pair of boots, I loved those boots I wore them all the time, after two weeks I thought about buying another pair but didn't sad

When they died RIP beautiful boots I kicked myself, it took me a good ten years to find another pair close to these boots and I now have two additional pairs hidden in the depths of the cupboard

Of course because I have these pairs the store still sells the bloody things smile but if I hadn't well I guess I would be bootless again as I'm just about to throw out PFB so to speak.

Yes this seems very dramatic over boots but they are to me the best boots in the world

Life's too short so IMO well done for buying another pair of sandals ;)

Paulat2112 Wed 18-May-16 00:17:53

I bought some shoes a few weeks ago in the same style/shoe but several different colours! They are pretty and comfy so would have been a shame not to smile

WhereInTheWorldToNext Wed 18-May-16 00:45:45

Yes - especially shoes.

I work in quite a formal environment and suitable high heels are like hens teeth. Last good pair I found I bought three pairs

SwedishEdith Wed 18-May-16 00:57:39

I logged on to do just this! (UNIQLO trousers for work).

MyFriendsCallMeOh Wed 18-May-16 01:26:20

Yes, have also been known to scour eBay for a third item fret the first two identical ones have died. A particularly lovely pair of tall Chelsea boots 15 years ago springs to mind

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 18-May-16 08:46:19

I do this with different colours. I like a top in black so buy it in white, red, etc. I don't do it with exactly identical things - although my DH would disagree as he says I have loads of identical shoes and boots. (He is wrong; they are all different and needed grin.)

puglife15 Wed 18-May-16 08:57:41

Yep - but generally different colours. I have the same sandals x 2, the same boots x 2 and the same trousers x 3. I also have loads of identical basic tops eg 4 of same vest, 4 of same long sleeve thermal top.

Currently kicking myself for not buying duplicates of my favourite Uniqlo t shirt from last year!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now