Talk

Advanced search

Kew (159) clothing and bags in TKMaxx

(8 Posts)
Plexie Tue 17-May-16 16:20:39

Kew 159 went out of business in 2012 and I keep seeing their bags and clothes in TKMaxx. Does anyone know if this is genuine old stock that's been languishing somewhere for 4 years or has someone resurrected the brand in order to flog new stuff to TKMaxx?

Just wondering.

HeirOfNothingInParticular Tue 17-May-16 16:58:32

I think it's old stock. I bought a few things last year and they were really nice.

Floisme Tue 17-May-16 18:38:36

I've wondered that too but I've always assumed TK Maxx had bought up the name. Partly cos I used to buy Kew when they were Jigsaw's cheaper sister and I've never seen anything I recognise in Maxx's.

I don't know for certain though, just speculating. Some of the stuff is quite nice, wherever it's from!

LanaorAna1 Tue 17-May-16 18:56:37

TK must have bought the brand. No one makes clothes 4 years in advance.

HeirOfNothingInParticular Tue 17-May-16 19:30:17

I have wondered this too, but the sizes are becoming very random now. The quality of the stuff I had last year was lovely, linen tops and cotton/lycra slim legged trousers. For the price I paid for them, I don't care if they are old stock or the brand has been bought up by TK Maxx.

I've seen a few things I've liked this year but it has been in very small sizes. It wouldn't surprise me if these clothes have been lurking in storage for a few years, they are nice enough but hardly fashion forward!

DaughterDrowningInJunk Tue 17-May-16 19:33:54

Do they have any double-fronted tops? With 2 layers, not with 2 bay windows? I used to love their tops.

DurhamDurham Tue 17-May-16 19:40:39

I think TK Maxx buy up old brands don't they and pass them off as last years stock? They have clothes made up, slap a designer label on it and add a premium. It's not a saving at all really, it's like the worlds most expensive jumble sale.

I have bought a pair of v nice boots from there, I liked them and couldn't have cared less about what brand they were.

HeirOfNothingInParticular Tue 17-May-16 19:41:59

Just had a thought, maybe Kew/Jigsaw had some lines in production after the line was discontinued, so have manufacturing contracts etc, and this is what is coming through to TK Maxx. Obviously, I have nothing else to think about!

Anyway, I am happy with what I bought last year, but not seen anything in other than teeny sizes this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now