Talk

Advanced search

eyeliner for hooded eyes

(24 Posts)
squizita Tue 17-May-16 14:05:11

...all but the most fiddly and expensive liquids/gels tend to transfer onto my top lid in summer. I want something less '30 min cut crease pixiwoo tutorial' more 'smudgy 1 min before work' for my lining needs!

Are there any pens or gel pencils (i.e. nothing that requires a brush and fiddling) that people have found that don't transfer on hooded eyes?

Lolimax Tue 17-May-16 14:07:06

Oh good thread...watching with interest!!

MakingJudySmile Tue 17-May-16 14:11:20

Also a problem for me. I have no solution sorry!!

Hope someone does.

CaroleService Tue 17-May-16 14:15:20

If only I knew ...

MrsMushrooms Tue 17-May-16 14:22:48

I use a waterproof-kohl pencil and then setting spray on top - but I believe hair-spray does just as good a job! Just a tiny spritz from an arm's length away

whatdoIget Tue 17-May-16 14:24:20

You could tightline instead of lining above the lashes? That would give definition without transfer I think.

MakingJudySmile Tue 17-May-16 14:27:51

Setting spary?

Kohl as given me the Alice Copper look since I hit 35ish. It was my one true love in life too.

MrsMushrooms Tue 17-May-16 14:39:17

Setting spray is just what it sounds like, you spray it over your make up to keep it in place :D I don't like too much of it on my face because I find it can alter the texture of my powder, but a little spritz of Mac Fix+ at the top keeps my eye make up going all day. Urban Decay do one as well, but a lot of people I know just use a light hair spray

Wellhellothere1 Tue 17-May-16 17:12:22

Hold your upper eyelid up and apply soft kohl to the upper eyelid waterline only. I do this and it doesn't budge all day and also gives definition to my eyes.

Toxicity Tue 17-May-16 17:26:17

I apply the Urban Decay liquid liner whilst looking down into the mirror and I find it dries quickly and doesn't transfer.

If I am in a real rush I use Stila's eyeliner and that is nice and creamy and easy to smudge with my finger to give a slightly smokey look.

squizita Tue 17-May-16 18:49:41

Thanks for the application suggestions however I am looking for a product ie something I could use for a variety of daytime looks as opposed to one technique.

I find setting sprays can irritate my eyes - if there's one that doesn't that would be very useful indeed!

NotExactlyHappyToHelp Tue 17-May-16 19:53:42

I like the Soap & Glory Supercat pen. It's only about £6, really good pigment, doesn't transfer half as badly as every other I've tried and it lasts bloody ages. I've had one on the go for 6 months with daily use and it's only just starting to look a tiny bit tatty.

I have very oily hooded eyes so I feel your pain. The other thing that helped for me was a decent primer.

MsBojangles Tue 17-May-16 23:33:05

Stila

FurbysMakeSexNoises Tue 17-May-16 23:39:36

By Terry have a brilliant pen liner for my oily hooded eyes, difficult to remove if accidentally elsewhere which is a good sign! Lasts all day and no transfer to top lid.

CaroleService Wed 18-May-16 06:56:32

Does it have a name , Furby?

Flanderspigeonmurderer Wed 18-May-16 07:12:22

I have a really good smash box liner, I think it's the always sharp, which is good for tightlining, can't really do a flick with it. I got a cheap pen one by Barbara Daly from tesco which is good for flicks, didn't budge on me.

squizita Wed 18-May-16 12:17:48

Thanks again! Will try the pen option (I have one but it's a chunky so rather specific)... shame there seems to be a gap in the market for pencils given their relative versatility compared to other types. sad

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 18-May-16 19:27:47

Sorry was at work! It's called intensive liquid eyeliner. I've got it in Ligne Blackstar.

Tate15 Thu 19-May-16 05:43:33

For work I wear either a brown eyebrow pencil as eyeliner so that it stays on for 12 hours and doesn't transfer. Rimmel ones are just as good as more expensive ones!.

Daree1997 Thu 19-May-16 05:54:13

Hey I use the soap & glory supercat pen.

andadietcoke Thu 19-May-16 06:14:32

I have read the thread I promise. I use the Bobbi brown longwear gels (pots and pencils). Amazing staying power once they've set and the pots last forever and I find so easy to use.

N0tfinished Thu 19-May-16 07:24:49

Sleek eyeliners are amazingly long lasting. Very cheap too, definitely worth a go.

You could also try the three-point liners... Bourjois and clarins do them. They're pen liners where the tip is a little trident shape. They're designed so you can wiggle & dot it right between your eyelashes. It looks lovely when done, but is a teeny bit fiddly.

Ledkr Thu 19-May-16 07:41:31

I have the answer.

Benefit they're real eyeliner pen.
Goes on beautifully and doesn't budge till you take it off.
Pricey but fabulous

squizita Thu 19-May-16 09:36:03

Tate WHAT A HACK! grin Never thought of that!

Think I might also try Sleek first then try the more expensive branded ones (a MUA mate once let me know the expensive brands use the same formulas for pencils in particular as some 'cult' high street brands such as sleek anyway).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now