my husband bought me this

(36 Posts)
Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 10:50:49

http://www.finisterre.com/cierzo-longline-bottle.html

For my birthday. Not sure what to think. Anyway it can't be returned.
What would I wear it with?

I think I like it but it doesn't have pockets which it blatantly should and the sleeves are very narrow which means that I can't pull them up to do the washing up (this could be good, obviously).
He has form for buying slightly odd stuff.

Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 10:52:14

I'm tall btw so generally like longer stuff that doesn't expose my midriff. Late 30s.

NapQueen Tue 17-May-16 10:53:08

Oh gosh. I'm only 5'2 so that would make me look like I'd borrowed a giants hoodie. And no pockets??

Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 11:02:38

smilei just don't understand why something like this wouldn't have pockets!

ukgirlatheart Tue 17-May-16 11:13:25

Oh dear bless you I sort of like it myself if it were winter or I was off to Centerparcs or on a fresh brisk Sunday walk. It should have pockets or at least a central pocket so you can slip both hands in to meet

Littleballerina Tue 17-May-16 11:15:49

I would be really offended!

WanderingTrolley1 Tue 17-May-16 11:16:17

Wear with skinny jeans or leggings and cosy up at home/walks.

Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 11:19:54

Ballerina
Why? I know it's a bit odd but can't put my finger on the reason

MummySparkle Tue 17-May-16 11:24:42

I have a bench hoodie with a neck like that well it was DPs but I've claimed it it is sooo comfy. Keep handy for cosying up in in summer evenings. Is it quite thin? Jeans and pumps for spring/ summer. Jeans & boots for autumn winter. I might get one!

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 17-May-16 11:29:47

Not my cup of tea, but it looks very cosy. I would wear it round the house with leggings and Uggs.

NattyGolfJerkin Tue 17-May-16 11:33:27

Agree with others. Not my style but it looks comfy. Keep for slobbing about on chilly evenings.

citychick Tue 17-May-16 13:14:12

Oh my DH does this sort of thing occasionally.

Are u quite casual/tomboyish or do you think he was thinking of himself when he bought it?

Either way, I'd Wear it over my Jammies or as "lounge" wear.

I don't understand why u can't send it back? Have u worn it already?

I nearly always take back what DH has bought me. (I know that sounds awful but I really want to like what he buys so I can use it. Otherwise it's a complete waste of money).

Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 13:18:15

I think he meant for me to wear at home where i tend to be casual.
Can't return because finisterre have 14 day returns policy and he bought it about 17 days ago, gave it to me yesterday. Grrr, usually buys things late confused

flanjabelle Tue 17-May-16 13:18:42

Erm. Well I suppose with skinny jeans and converse. I'm not sure on it either though to be honest. As a gift it is pretty shit. I would be a bit offended as a gift is supposed to be something you enjoy, and this is just so practical and dull really. I would be concerned that the gift giver saw me as practical and dull, so chose something they thought would be perfect for me. Either that or they didn't put much thought into it.

flanjabelle Tue 17-May-16 13:19:58

I mean look at the face on the model, she doesn't exactly look like she feels glamorous does she?!

sleepwhenidie Tue 17-May-16 13:22:12

You legally have the right to return good bought online up to 14 days from the date they are received, could you be inside that deadline?

citychick Tue 17-May-16 13:23:31

frazzled

3 days over! Ha ha he sounds so like my husband!

In fact the other day I found a paper bag full of unused cards... Mother's Day cards, Christmas cards ( for me) and happy birthday lovely wife cards. All completely unused! I had to laugh. He's such a wally. Sorry off topic.

velourvoyageur Tue 17-May-16 13:28:37

I wouldn't wear it out of the house (ever) but maybe like.....um. When I'm ill or cold and curling up with a film. Perhaps.
Or, I know, when I'm holding pets that shed hair. That would be the Pet Coat.

Sweet of him to buy it though!

ApocalypseSlough Tue 17-May-16 13:28:49

Oh my days that's awful- I was picturing a sort of long length cardigan but it looks like a straight jacket shock
Call them and beg them to take it back.

citychick Tue 17-May-16 13:31:18

Have had a look at the website. It's not bad. Quite interesting. Casual. Not glam.

I suppose you should be thankful he didn't buy you a jammie set from Tesco with sparkly teddies on it. Now THAT would be going back!!

flanjabelle Tue 17-May-16 14:08:04

Bloody hell you can't even tumble dry it.

Aftercare: We recommend washing at 30 degrees on a gentle cycle with similar colours / Do not dry clean or tumble dry / Do not bleach or use fabric softener / Line dry only / Reshape whilst damp / Cool iron

Frazzled2207 Tue 17-May-16 14:11:44

Ha my husband is very anti-tumble so he'll like that. Of course I tumble my and the kids clothes though and just let him sort his out generally.

funnychops Tue 17-May-16 14:11:46

great for doing the gardening in confused

PhylumChordata Tue 17-May-16 14:54:25

I'd definitely try returning. Lots of places are more lenient with their policies than they publish especially with gifts.
They may not refund but will give credit vouchers

Meeep Tue 17-May-16 16:44:59

Wear with doc martens and bare legs for an autumn rave in a secret location in the woods?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now