Talk

Advanced search

Redhead going grey?

(2 Posts)
rubybleu Mon 16-May-16 21:44:03

I'm 34 and naturally a coppery mousy brown (lots of natural streaks) that has progressively lightened from copper red as a child & teenager.

I'm just starting to go grey but rather than going actually grey, I'm getting lots of yellow blonde hairs around my face which is changing the overall colour of my hair & I don't like the yellowy tones.

I'm guessing I'm going to have to start dying my hair. If you have red hair, what did you do as you started going grey? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to ask my hairdresser for - maybe foils to bring some darker tones back in?

MrsLettuce Mon 16-May-16 21:58:22

It might be well worth your while lookin ginto henna. I'm pretty sure there was a thread on it for greying redheads recently. There was a long one on henna generally too, which is a wealth of information.

If you do fancy going grey, I know blondes and grey haired people often use silver / violet shampoo and toners against yellow tones but I've no idea if that'd work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now