Talk

Advanced search

Party outfit required by person (me) who lives in jeans and doesn't fit in to any of her nice clothes.

(6 Posts)
Birdienumnums Mon 16-May-16 13:51:08

So, I've just remembering we're going to a fancy 40th this weekend and am in a panic about what to wear because I've been concentrating on work and kids and haven't been exercising and can't fit into my dresses - I have two gorgeous Samantha Sung Audrey dresses which are my go to solution for weddings/parties/dinners etc but they don't fit!!!

It's smart casual, catered, in a swish London restaurant and I'd like to find a dress or trousers/top that I can wear more than once. I'm a size 16, pretty big tummy, 5'4 and have 34ff boobs.

Any ideas most welcomed!!

phoolani Mon 16-May-16 14:02:36

m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-multi-twitchill-dress-emerald/p2695577?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_3#page_loaded
Sorry, I have no clue how big boobs would look in a style like this, so I may be way off base!

phoolani Mon 16-May-16 14:04:20

Or this? m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/warehouse-belted-midi-dress-navy/p2725354?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_7#page_loaded

Birdienumnums Mon 16-May-16 14:08:53

Ooh, I like the warehouse dress.

FauxFox Mon 16-May-16 14:53:39

monsoon

Birdienumnums Tue 17-May-16 14:06:15

Ok, I'm in some need of serious help! I went booked in for a John Lewis personal shopper thingy because a friend recommended it and it was thoroughly disappointing. Lovely, lovely stylist but they did not have a single 'big enough size' of any of the things she wanted me to try /I wanted to try which left me feeling like shit.
She did tell me to look for empire line or spmething that isn't waisted. I've just checked walked down Oxford st and struck out.

Pretty please hit me with your suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now